Hi, my name is yozza! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is yozza!

yozza
yozza Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi everyone
I have enteropathic and psoriatic arthritis and my husband has FSH muscular dystrophy ( diagnosed 2016) with real deterioration in last few months.
looking forward to gaining possible solutions to some of our issues 

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @yozza and welcome to the community :) 

How are you today? 

Are there any particular issues you are looking for support with?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome you both have a lot to deal with 

I am sure someone will be able to help if you tell us what you need help with 

Feel free to join in or ask any questions o look forward to seeing you around 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @yozza - & welcome to this friendly community. I'm sorry you both have medical problems, & hope you will let us know in what way we may be able to help. Do have a look around the forum, as there are different groups for many disabilities, as well as talk here any time. Thank you for joining this supportive group. :)
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @yozza How are you and your husband today?  Are you coping with care needs ok?

If you can let us know some of the issues you are facing, we can do our best to help and support you through this difficult time.

In the meantime, this post about Beker muscular dystrophy has links to some organisations that you might find useful.  Plus our Disabled People discussion category covers a lot of different topics, including some posts about psoriatic arthritis.  

I hope you are good and have had a nice Monday.  Hopefully talk soon :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • yozza
    hi
    thank you for your warm welcome and information on other groups .
    We are bobbing along ?
    Have just asked for a reconsideration for blue badge for my husband and awaiting PIP decision.
    He’s also redundant as of last Friday ?
    so just starting to try and get our heads around the benefits system.
    Hope  everyone is keeping safe in these strange times.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @yozza I'm sorry to hear about your husband's redundancy  :(  Scope have a benefits calculator that can help you work out any entitlement. 

Also, good luck with your PIP decision.  Please let us know how you get on, and if you experience any difficulties make sure to ask our PIP savvy members about it on the PIP, DLA and AA discussion board.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome,

Regarding the PIP claim, if he's already had a telephone assessment then he can ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to him. This will give him some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report. If he hasn't yet had the assessment, most people have them and once an appointment becomes available they will contact him with a date and time.

If he's awarded the mobility part and scored at least 8 points in the moving around part of mobility then this will automatically entitle him to a blue badge. If he's scored the points in following and planning a journey only then it will depend on what descriptor he scored the points in. Of course people do have a blue badge without having a mobility award.

If you need any further advice regarding benefits as he's now been made redundant then please do ask, i'm sure someone will give further advice.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • yozza

Brightness