From Mr to Appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

From Mr to Appeal

Options
TeddyB22
TeddyB22 Community member Posts: 178 Courageous
I had a call with my advisor from CA and I swear I really think they don't know what they are doing. I've been through all this before with a rep that no longer works for them and it was so straight forward. It's really putting me off going onwards.
She's asked me to phone PIP for a copy of the MR report. They told me today is in my letter. I said yes but I want copies of the reasons for the decision. They argued that its in the MR letter. 
CA rep said then complete a NOA1 Appeal letter online and make sure I send copies of my MR letter to. 
When PIP send the Capita report I'm to phone Capita and go through with them the reason I think they are wrong. 
She wants me to get more medical evidence despite not being seen by a doctor for over a year. Get all my medical notes for the last 4 yrs (I did this last year and have had no input since). Then get Universal Credit to send reports of my health assessments for however long I've been in the support group. This she said will illustrate why I'm unable to work. I told her ESA reports have no bearing on PIP assessments, she disagreed. 
Next I'm to get another letter from the doctor explaining my condition hasn't changed and a letter from an Occupational therapist that I seen lately. 
It all seems like I'm doing it all myself and they don't want to get involved. 
TeddyB

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

Sorry to hear this and understand your frustration 

I have never used them but from what I hear they are not always well equipped 

I hope other members can advise and help 

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,994 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

Why would you need to ring Capita and go through the reasons why you think they are wrong? It's nothing to do with them now.
    I've never heard of an MR report only the MR decison letter.

Did you receive a copy of the assessment report? Maybe this is what the person is talking about. Although, it's not really needed now and you'll recieve a copy of this in the bundle.

You are correct that PIP isn't about not being able to work. ESA reports can sometimes help but it depends on the reasons why you were placed into the group you're in.

Medical evidence is only useful if it states exactly how your conditions affect you and most of them don't.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • TeddyB22
    Options
    I really think this person means we'll but is so condescending over the phone. The date on my letter was wrong. It read 10 August and I'm not exaggerating but she would not believe me and was so argumentative. She only believed me when I said I'd send it to her. 
    I'm just going to submit the appeal form. I'm not getting anymore medical information as I haven't been assessed except for appointments with Occupational Health & Sleep Apnoea.
    I really wish the lady who helped me the first time was still there. Everything was so precise and straight forward. She won my appeal for me before I even sat before the panel. 
    Thanks for the input. 
    TeddyB22
  • TeddyB22
    Options
    janer1967 said:
    Hi there 

Sorry to hear this and understand your frustration 

I have never used them but from what I hear they are not always well equipped 

I hope other members can advise and help 

I take it you've never been to an appeal? They aren't as bad as people say. Seems some people were lucky with telephone assessments and some weren't. I think the problem lies with Capita they really are not equipped for the job. 
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Instead of more medical info, could a relative write a statement confirming how your conditions affect daily life?  Seem to remember your brother takes you to appointments so maybe ask him?
  • TeddyB22
    Options
    Instead of more medical info, could a relative write a statement confirming how your conditions affect daily life?  Seem to remember your brother takes you to appointments so maybe ask him?
    I actually did this at my original appeal and the panel did mention how valuable this was. Presuming this new panel do not have access to that original letter I suppose it wouldn't do any harm. I could do that and maybe ask my Occupational Therapist (she has moved to another area) for a PIP support letter. They do them all the time.
    Thanks for the reminder. 
    Take care,
    TeddyB22
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,994 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Unless your OT knows exactly how your conditions affect you then a letter isn't going to be that useful. The best person to know how your conditions affect you is yourself. Ancedotal evidence will always be the best thing that you can send.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.