sent my mandatory reconsideration letter this morning — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

sent my mandatory reconsideration letter this morning

Options
ketokid
ketokid Community member Posts: 58 Courageous
Good afternoon guys, finished my 5 page letter, sent it off ist class to be  signed for. Honestly its made me really ill . Panic attacks etc. 100% worse. what will happen now please ? will they ring me to say they have received my letter ?   

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome they dont usually ring to say they have your letter 

You wont really hear anything now until you get the decision letter 
  • ketokid
    Options
    oh ok thanks very much.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,981 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

They sometimes send a text but very rarely ring. Other than that all you can do is wait until the decision is made and that can take anything up to 10 weeks, sometimes longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @ketokid Ah no, I'm sorry you have experienced anxiety over this  :(  We have everything crossed for you.  

Have your panic attacks settled down a little?  Are you managing them alone or with help from your doctor?  Please let us know if you need any support.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • ketokid
    Options
    Hi Cher thanks for your concern  everybody so kind on here. the panick attacks are  not as bad today but still got heart palps all the time, I just got some meds after a chat with my doctor serteline tabs. been on many tablets for this problem but cant cope with the bad side affects. However i am going to give them a try. Will just be glad when its all sorted out  ? 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @ketokid, just wanted to check in to see how you are feeling today. Sounds like things have been tough.
    Scope

• ketokid
    Options
    Hi chloe, slightly better today thanks. on a higher dose of aymtriptiline now because of the stinging pains in my legs which never go away, only problem is that im so drowsy on them hope that gets better in time. Thanks so much 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,981 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    ketokid said:
    Hi chloe, slightly better today thanks. on a higher dose of aymtriptiline now because of the stinging pains in my legs which never go away, only problem is that im so drowsy on them hope that gets better in time. Thanks so much 

I take Amitriptyline which also made me very drowsy when i first started taking it and also when my dose was increased. It took quite a few weeks to get used to it and now the drowsiness has gone. Hopefully, it will be the same for you too.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @ketokid, I hope your body adjusts to the medication quickly! Being drowsy can be really frustrating. 
    Scope

• macatac
    macatac Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    My mandatory reconsideration took 16wks, now have tribunal date for november
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Best of luck with the tribunal @macatac, let us know how you get on :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • macatac
    macatac Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    Ross_Scope  Will do, thanks

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.