Confused pip and esa — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Confused pip and esa

Jackswan
Jackswan Community member Posts: 26 Connected
Hi im receiving pip enhanced for both DL and MB. My wife has her pip turned down and we contacted Cab who helped her and went for MR only to be turned down so appel process was underway. So to keep this short we was waiting for the appeal pack to drop thru letter box but a brown envelope stating that they had looked at decision again and awarded her enhanced for both. I was gobsmacked to say the least and its backdated so a couple of quid for her which she deserves.I also recieve ESA which I'm in support group and have been for while now. I claim for us both so I'm just wondering why my esa is not pending for tomorrow as I phoned bank thinkin its a glich but no its not. Could anyone please help. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,358 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Great news on the PIP decision. Sometimes when a PIP award has been given it can suspend ESA payments, although it's not classed as not being paid until the day after you should have received payment. It may also be paid sometime tomorrow. If you don't receive payment then you will need to ring them. (ESA)

Speaking of ESA because you now both have a PIP daily living, if there are no other adults living with you then you'll be able to claim the Severe disability premium couples rate, which is an extra £133.90 per week in your ESA providing your partner doesn't claim carers allowance for looking after you. If they do then they can either cancel that claim so that the couples SDP can be paid or your partner can claim the single SDP which is £66.95 per week. Of course if there are other adults living with you then you won't be able to claim the SDP at all.

Hope this helps.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Jackswan
    Poppy thanks for the magic words of advice I didnt really have a clue what's going on and am still a bit miffed. I did forget to mention that my boiler packed in and the local housing guys fitted a  new one which I'm reallly grateful for. Only downer was they tested my gas cooker and condemned it as a write off lol (had it 17 years). so I had to ask dwp for budget 'loan they sent out relevant forms stating that I could have loan and repay so much a week outta my esa. So I signed agreement and today received a txt saying payment will be available Thursday. Do you think that would be why I'm not seeing payment pending because the have got so sort a new payment because of the loan. Or am I just panicking. Thank you so much for your experience and expertise in informing me on these matters I really appreciate your help and support. 
  • Jackswan
    Oh poppy thanks for the info on the severe payments my son still lives with us so thank you so much that?
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome. It's very unlikely to be anything to do with the budgeting loan you've asked for. Everytime i've had one of those in the past they've always been paid on a different day to my usual payment. It's more then likely to do with the PIP award. Although just because your bank doesn't tell you it's pending it doesn't mean it won't be paid tomorrow as normal.

I'm assuming your son isn't still in non advanced education? If he isn't then unless he's also claiming a qaulifying benefit such as PIP daily living or DLA mid/high rate care then you won't be able to claim the SDP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Jackswan
    Thank you poppy really appreciate your time and assistance in helping me out. Just hope everything turns out OK for me n the wife bless her shes in a right state atm thinkin we won't have money to pay bills or buy food so I'm trying to reasure her every things going to be OK. ??
  • Jackswan
    My son claims uc after he got furloughed. He suffers with suicidal Tendencies so I'm trying to reasure him everyday. Thanks again for your input on benefits and every thing you said poppy. Sorry for the inconvenience. ?
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome. You haven't been an inconvenience at all. Please don't worry about your ESA your money won't stop unless you've been found fit for work. If you don't receive your money tomorrow then a call to DWP will need to be made. When you ring them they can do a same day payment. You also have your wife backdated PIP money which should help in the meantime.
  • Jackswan
    Hi poppy thank you so much for your reply regarding esa.ive explained what you said to my wife and and she's so thankful for the information that you have supplied and wishes you Al the best and God bless you. Once again thanks for your help and advice. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Glad that you and your wife found Poppy's information so helpful @Jackswan :) 

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.