Phone call — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Phone call

tara2019
tara2019 Community member Posts: 234 Pioneering
Hi all I missed a call which came up on my universal credit yesterday which I was suffering with severe mental health my daughter my carer came down and put in journal about it she tried to ring back it was assessment centre and they will try ring another time does this mean ive missed assessment nobody from journal  or another phone call happened xx

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,344 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Are you sure it was from the assessment providers? If it was then it will have nothing to do with DWP because they don't deal with the work capability assessments, the health assessment advisory service deal with those.

If you haven't received an appointment for a telephone assessment then it's unlikely to have been for that.

Unfortunately we can only guess what the call was for, if it was important, they will ring back. I know this doesn't help with your anxiety but try not to worry too much.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tara2019
    Yes I'm sure I look up every strange n9 it came up on my smart phone universal credit I looked up no and was assessment centre im due assessment for uc im able to text but im so not able to talk if you remember poppy I had a call out of the blue regarding my change of circumstances with pip I now have to have assessment which letter came today cant wait for it to happen now im so angry with how they treat disabled people  its disgusting x
  • poppy123456
    I would have no idea why they rang you. If it was to offer and assessment date then you should receive an appointment letter.
     You could ring the Health Assessment Advisory Service on 0800 288 8777.

If you're not able to talk on the phone then how will you manage for your PIP assessment?

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • tara2019
    Thanks poppy 
  • tara2019
    I'm drinking now it helps me sleep n forget mental health and spinal problems 
  • tara2019
    Hi ive received my uc assessment letter today its day after my pip assessment so thats 3rd and 4th nov so thats gonna be a very bad week as for your question poppy my mental health goes up and down ino these telephone assessment I need to talk I will have support through these from my daughter (carer)
  • poppy123456
    Good luck and do let us know the outcome.
  • tara2019
    I will do and im sorry if I get aggressive on some of texts ino you are giving advice and help thank you ? 
  • poppy123456
    You haven't been aggressive at all. Always happy to give any advice i can :)
  • tara2019
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    At least you have the dates now @tara2019. We've all got our fingers crossed. I can imagine that it will be a difficult week, but hopefully your daughter can help support you through it? Do you have any other coping mechanisms you can use to help you feel a bit better? 

Please do let us know it the calls go, and feel free to post on here if things get tough. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • tara2019
    Thankyou iam a massive over thinker ill be speaking with my social prescriber on mon I think she will beable to calm my thoughts 
  • Tori_Scope
    Oh that's great news @tara2019! I hope she's able to make some useful suggestions. Are you up to anything this weekend to take your mind off of things? 

• tara2019
    Not up to much maybe a movie day ? 
  • Tori_Scope
    That sounds good to me @tara2019! I love getting comfy and watching films, especially when the weather is like it is today. 

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Fingers crossed @tara2019 for both of your assessments at least they are close together so you dont have to worry twice
  • tara2019
    Yes and thanks ? 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.