Delay hearing back — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Delay hearing back

sufian94
sufian94 Community member Posts: 25 Connected
hi

its been a year now since I applied for PIP and appealed, I haven't had a response. I called back they say ongoing, is this normal?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi 

Is it a year since you appealed or a year since you applied ? 

Is a tribunal appeal or MR appeals can take a while and b4 covid the wait time could be over a year but with tribunals being done over the phone this has reduced waiting time 
  • sufian94
    yes, I applied last year in March 2019. They said to be they received it thats it, every time I call. No replies since. Now with COVID siitu, I don't know, if I will hear back. Its standard procedure to take time?  its the one before the appeal, then if your not happy to appeal, so it was the 2nd stage.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,339 Disability Gamechanger
    sufian94 said:
    yes, I applied last year in March 2019. They said to be they received it thats it, every time I call. No replies since. Now with COVID siitu, I don't know, if I will hear back. Its standard procedure to take time?  its the one before the appeal, then if your not happy to appeal, so it was the 2nd stage.

Hi,

This is really confusing, sorry. When you say appeal do you mean Tribunal or Mandatory Reconsideration? If it Tribunal then when did you request this?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sufian94
     Mandatory Reconsideration but I haven’t heard nothing back for over a year.
  • poppy123456
    edited October 2020
    That's very long time. Have you contacted DWP to ask? If you haven't is there any reasons why you've left it so long? How did you request it, in writing or over the phone? Either way you need to ring them on Monday to ask.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • sufian94
    I have multiple times, but they its ongoing, now I'm beginning to wonder if the procedure takes this long, I phoned them every month all i hear is ongoing. I will call DWP on Monday then and ask again. Any advise on how to get things moving, maybe make a complaint?
  • poppy123456
  • sufian94
    thank you i will check it out. Much appreciated. 
  • irish09
    irish09 Community member Posts: 7 Connected
    MR dont usually take that long you could try and ring and ask to speak with the decision maker on you MR case .. I had to do that myself also when you ring and pass security I would ask to speak to a manager about the time scale on the MR is to long a year is shocking to hear I sorry about this ...

Is you put a complaint in with the manager it sometimes pushes the case forward a wee step ..

I hope you get this sorted . 
    Talk to some advice places about this 
  • sufian94
    Thanks. All I hear it’s ongoing they’ve received it. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.