Advice for person with Vascular Dementia who needs supervision with all daily living activities — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice for person with Vascular Dementia who needs supervision with all daily living activities

braca
braca Community member Posts: 102 Pioneering
Hi, can you give advice for person with Vascular Dementia who needs supervision with all daily living activities ?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,938 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

What sort of advice would you like? There's 10 daily living activities. Does the person currently claim PIP? thinking of claiming PIP? Sorry but you haven't really given any information for anyone to be able to help further.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,612 Disability Gamechanger
    If your question isn't about benefits have you spoke to social services and asked for an a assessment to see if they can give any help?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• braca
    Person not on PIP and was advised by occupational therapy to apply. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,938 Disability Gamechanger
    Then if they decide to apply they should fill out the form with as much relevant information as possible about how their conditions affect them. Then add a couple of recent real world examples of what happened the last time they attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to them.

PIP isn't awarded based on a diagnosis, it's how those conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • braca
    Excerpt from Occupational Therapist letter, I observed Mr Mxxxxx engage with kitchen task and he had great difficulty in terms of processing skills, He also failed to turn off gas cooker at end of task, requiring intervention for him to do so.

I would think said person would require supervision for Preparing food, and would need help with most other Daily living activities.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,098 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @braca - There's some info in the following link about applying for PIP with mental health issues. Please see: https://www.mentalhealthandmoneyadvice.org/en/welfare-benefits/pip-mental-health-guide/help-with-your-pip-claim/how-to-fill-in-the-pip-form/    Hope this may help. :)

• braca
    @Username_removed
    Person of working age, Another example when I visited person recently He had casual trousers on wrong way round and pointed this out to him, I guess that would be prompting.
  • braca
    Big thank you @ mikehughescq.
    Not a one off as he has problems with buttons and zips

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.