Pip payment changed — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip payment changed

Options
hfr00
hfr00 Community member Posts: 36 Listener
edited October 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I’ve recently had my pip reviewed not heard anything yet but have had extra pip put into my account from DWP and am a bit confused could anyone help me out as too why this may have been? Was last paid 8th October and wasn’t expecting another payment until 5th November 
Thanks 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,025 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

It's possible you have been awarded a higher award but we can only guess what the extra payment is for. To know for certain you will need to ring DWP and ask.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • hfr00
    Options
    Thank you for your reply I will give them a ring this afternoon and let you know the outcome  many thanks! 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @hfr00 :) Just to let you know, I edited the photo you uploaded as the letters and numbers underneath were still quite visible. 

Good luck with the phone call later!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • hfr00
    Options
    Hi all just phoned pip I can’t believe I now have received enhanced rate daily living previously was on standard and enhanced motibilty which I wasn’t entitled too last time until October 2023 I’m absolutely over the moon! 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good to read your great news @hfr00 :)
  • hfr00
    Options
    Best advice I can give is treat the review like a new claim put as much information as you can even if you think it’s not relevant also include evidence which is more than a few years old if it is relevant especially if your condition(s) are long term or lifelong! :) 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,025 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Great news :)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Great news and thanks for sharing will give others hope, and I agree with your advice that is exactly what I did and I also got an increased award and only had a paper based assessment
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Fantastic, congratulations @hfr00! Thank you for letting us know, and for sharing that advice :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • hfr00
    Options
    My review was paper based too no telephone assessment although I did state on my form that a telephone assessment would be very distressing and I got a letter from my care coordinator too support this! 
  • Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    Options
    That's fantastic news!
    Congrats and best wishes...

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.