ESA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA

Options
beeman1200
beeman1200 Community member Posts: 46 Connected
I have a terrible suspicion that they have sanctioned at me I went to the meeting at the Jobcentre in July
but the Jobcentre was closed due to covid-19 
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,992 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

It's highly unlikely they would have. If they had then you would have known by now because your payments would have decreased. It's now October so you should have been paid a few times since July.

What makes you think you've been sanctioned?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • beeman1200
    Options
    reduce payment on Wong day nothing on normal day Thurs ie £149 on wed instead of £207.8 on thurs
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Check your statement it will have a break down of exactly what elements you receive and the deductions.

Do you work at all? Have you taken out a loan from DWP? £207 is a fair amount short of any of the standard allowances. Do you receive payment once a month or fortnightly?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • beeman1200
    Options
    every 2 weeks no loans taken out from DWP

• poppy123456
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Sorry, i was thinking you're claiming Universal Credit. You will need to ring DWP to ask because they are the only ones that can tell you why your payment was reduced and why was it paid on a different day to your usual payment day.

The number you need to ring is 0800 169 0310 but do be aware that you could be on hold for quite a while.

• beeman1200
    Options
    ESA were told I made a universal credit application which I never made
  • beeman1200
    Options
    done that see above
  • poppy123456
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Are you 100% sure you didn't submit a claim for UC? This is the link to apply https://www.gov.uk/apply-universal-credit I've heard of stories where people think they were doing a benefits check when they actually applied because they submitted the claim.

Even if you had applied you said your payment wasn't the usual amount. When you apply for UC your ESA will continue with it's normal payments for 2 week.

• beeman1200
    Options
    I have never apply for on Universal Credit when I ESA was cut off in January last year I did a mandatory reconsideration and got it back in March and they said it would continue at no point did I say I wanted to go onto universal credit
  • poppy123456
    Options
    When you "got it back" in March had payments continued to paid as normal since then? When was the last time you received a payment from ESA?

• beeman1200
    Options
    15 October this year
  • beeman1200
    Options
    and we'd 28 reduce and not today's I was expecting it
  • poppy123456
    Options
    It has been known for scammers to claim UC in someone else's name, have a read of this link here.

All i can suggest you do is ring ESA again and tell them that you didn't make a claim for UC, ask them who claimed it on your behalf.

• poppy123456
    Options
    Do you receive housing benefit? If so have you received any letters regarding this stopping?
  • beeman1200
    Options
    ESA have decided that it was a fraud application from somebody who made a claim on using my details now investigating and I will get a phone call from the fraud  people today or tomorrow
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Wow that was quick, did they tell you this, this morning?
  • beeman1200
    Options
    yes 53 mins on phone
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I'm glad that it's being sorted, the more you said the more obvious it become. They should now reinstate your ESA but do let us know the outcome.
  • beeman1200
    Options
  • beeman1200
    Options
    the letter say I required to claim universal benefit

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.