My goal today - Page 27 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My goal today

Comments

• Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,355 Disability Gamechanger
    @66Mustang
    I posted a new poem the scope online community

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @Globster Great plans!  I'm looking forward to reading your creative writing :)

@66Mustang ooooh yey happy almost birthday!! I will prepare the virtual bunting for tomorrow.  Enjoy your family time  <3
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    @Globster I have read it, I think it’s a really good one. Thanks for sharing it. :)
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,355 Disability Gamechanger
    @66Mustang I hope you  fantastic birthday and many happy returns for today

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• 66Mustang
    @Globster thank you I really appreciate that :smiley:
  • 66Mustang
    @Cher_Scope sorry I missed your post. I must have been typing while you posted it. Thank you for the good wishes :smile:
  • Marie88
    Marie88 Community member Posts: 114 Courageous
    My goal for today is doing at least an hour’s studying for my online course that I just started last week. I’m doing Functional Skills English to help improve my Reading and Writing skills and hopefully gain a new qualification.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    I started an online course in mindfulness last week @Marie88, I’ve quite enjoyed it. I already knew a lot about it but I enjoy reading other ideas about the subject and it’s free so nothing lost by doing it at all.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Marie88
    Sounds good @leecal I would be interested in learning more about mindfulness, which site is the course on? I’m handing in my notice at work next week so I need to try to keep busy and stay positive about things. 
  • leeCal

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Cher_Alumni
    @leeCal @Marie88 Enjoy your learning.  I'm going to start a future learn course when I have more time.  It's always good to expand your knowledge.  As my mother says, knowledge is power!

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Marie88
  • leeCal
    My goal today was to buy some Stollen but the only packet I saw was so small it didn’t warrant the price tag. So fail...

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2020
    *clears throat* you should have... stollen it @leeCal.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • 66Mustang
  • Cher_Alumni
    @Tori_Scope Haha!!  Your pun game is strong my friend :D 

Any goals for today achieved?  I managed to book a doctors appointment and received some Christmas deliveries :)

• 66Mustang
    edited November 2020
    I haven’t completed my goal to go out on my own yet but it’s a long term aim.

I have however received some Christmas deliveries like you @Cher_Scope :smiley:

I just have my brother to buy for now. He is into fashionable clothes and also has a nice car and is into that so any ideas would be appreciated!! I’m thinking maybe just a gift voucher for Top Man or something as I wouldn’t have the first clue what clothes to buy :D
  • leeCal
    I bought myself a Christmas present and I’m very happy with it, a new electric shaver. It’s my first, I’ve always had a wet shave. ?

― Dalai Lama XIV

• 66Mustang
    @leeCal what brand is it? I’d be interested to know how you get on with it as I had an electric shaver about 10 years ago and I found it didn’t work well, it seemed to attempt to pull the hairs out rather than cut them!! Really painful!
  • leeCal
    edited November 2020
    @66Mustang It’s a wahl beard trimmer and shaver, for ordinary shaving it cuts to 0.2mm which is probably not close enough if you’re after a shaver alone, ie no beard to trim. Mind you that’s less than a quarter of 1mm!  Smooth to look at. You can buy the foil shaver attachment which fits on the shaver head. I like wahl products a lot, I bought a set of clipper and guide combs last summer and it’s great too!

― Dalai Lama XIV

Brightness