3 month wait — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

3 month wait

littleruthie123
littleruthie123 Community member Posts: 511 Pioneering
edited October 2020 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi asking for my friend who has been on uc eas sending in sick notes for mental health.waited months for assessment. Passed assessment but now told he won't get anything for it until another 3 months.i don't understand this.can someone help please?thank you 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

You've mentioned ESA and UC, so which benefit exactly are they claiming? If it's UC then what dates are their assessment periods and when did they first report the health condition?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • littleruthie123
    Sorry .he started on universal credit .he filled in the booklet in August.took ages for consultation .which was 19th of September got passed just a few days after.rang too see about back payment,and just got told it will be added too the universal credit in January.(wait of 3 months).im on old esa so was so different.seems odd too me .thanks poppy 
  • poppy123456
    There's waiting period just like there is for ESA. For UC it's 3 full assessment periods. As i previously said, it will depend on when exactly his assessment periods are and what daqte he first reported a health condition. I must admit he was assessed extremely quickly, so many people wait many months for the assessment and decision.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • littleruthie123
    I will find out. he was really overdue for his first assessment but very quick decision.will find out exact time he filled in the booklet capability thanks 
  • poppy123456
    I don't need to know the exact time he filled out the work capability assessment form because that makes no difference to the waiting time for LCWRA. What i need to know is when exactly his assessment periods are and what date he first reported a health condition/sent the fit note in.

If you don't know what the assessment periods are... if you can tell me when date he first applied for UC then i will know the dates of his assessment periods.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Just to let you know, I've moved this into the Universal Credit category @littleruthie123 :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • littleruthie123
    Hi it was April when he told them about health condition and started sending the sick notes in thanks 
  • littleruthie123
    Thank you tori-scope.
  • littleruthie123
  • littleruthie123
    This is what theve said.dosent seem right too me as he's waited over 6 months too not get anything until January apart from basic amount 
  • poppy123456
    They need to check their journal to see what date exactly they sent the first fit note. If there's a gap between reporting the health condition and then sending the fit note then that could be why they are saying it's not backdated. There must also be no gaps in the fit notes, if there was then that will also cause problems.
  • littleruthie123
    Hi no all sick notes were correct t 
  • littleruthie123
    O no as I helped them the doctors rang him everymonth and got all sick notes uploaded.i think they haven't checked back properly the doctor also filled in they part if form back in July 
  • poppy123456
    I'm not saying they weren't correct but you haven't said what dates exactly and It's very difficult to help without knowing this. I suggest they leave a note on their journal to enquire why they have to wait until January for the LCWRA payment.
  • littleruthie123
    Hiv yes ive doubled checked them sick notes started 26 th of febuary.thnks for advise. Weve sent them info so fingers crossed.thanks poppy 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @littleruthie123. Has he managed to get this resolved? It looks as those his case manager mistakenly believes the wait period begins from the date of award rather than when he reported his health condition to UC. 

As Poppy mentioned, his LCWRA should be backdated to 3 full assessment periods after his first fit note. So it depends on which date he reported on his UC account that he had a fit note. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • littleruthie123
    Thank you .he first starting sending them in febuary.there meant too be checking it again and no response of them yet.will tackle them tomorrow. .Will update thanks 
  • littleruthie123
    Adrian_scope  .rang again several times just get same robotic just wait answer. .ive taken if phone calls as making my friend poorly..rang again hopefully getting case manager call back.if not any advise please?.nitemare really is 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.