ESA - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA

Options
2»

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Although you didn't claim it. If you're claiming help with your rent from housing benefit then you should also ring them because your housing benefit will very likely stop as well.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • beeman1200
    beeman1200 Community member Posts: 46 Connected
    Options
  • beeman1200
    Options
    My brother went to my MP who is leader of the house whosent a letter to the Secretary of State for DWP and I  got a phone call today very apologetic saying that my ESA was reinstated and and I would be paid the money I was owed this week
  • poppy123456
    Options
    That's good to hear. Thanks for the update :)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Great stuff, thanks for sharing @beeman1200
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • beeman1200
    Options
    Sent me a ESA50 form to fill in again at least I'll be able to put something on about my autism this time
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Remember to put as much relevant information as possible about how your conditions affect you. It's not about a diagnosis.

Face to face assessments are still suspended and telephone assessments have replaced them. If an assessment is needed and they can't get all the information from just a telephone assessment you will need to wait until face to face assessments are back up and running again.

Good luck.
  • beeman1200
    Options
  • beeman1200
    Options
    Have a ESA telephone assessment on Tuesday recommendations please about how should approach it and can I have a friend present to help me?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    If you kept a copy of the form before sending it back have a read of that before your assessment to remind yourself what you wrote, part of the assessment will be for you to verify what you wrote in the form. The other part will be for them to gather any other information they need so it will depend on how your conditions affect a typical day for you. Questions will obvious vary from person to person and no one can tell you exactly what they will ask.

Yes, you can have a friend with you during the assessment and you'll be able to put the phone onto loud speaker. The assessment can last anything from 20 to 120 minutes.

Good luck.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Very best of luck @beeman1200 :) Please do let us know how it goes! 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • beeman1200
    Options
    ESA phone 40 minutes after my appointment time and my friend had already left so I'm they have been forced to reschedule it for next week Tuesday Wednesday Thursday in the afternoon their fault they rang 40 minutes late
  • poppy123456
    Options
    I'd advise you to make sure your friend can arrange to stay longer with you the next time, just incase this happens again. The telephone assessment appointments are the same as any other appointment and the time they ring could be later than the time they gave you because the previous appointment may have lasted longer, or there could have been other delays for one reason or another.

I realise this doesn't help any anxiety but delays happen. Hopefully the next appointment will go ahead. Good luck.
  • beeman1200
    Options
    all done I was moved to the support group £260.50 every 2 weeks
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    That's great news @beeman1200! :)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.