Pip and casual work advice please - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip and casual work advice please

2»

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm really glad you've been feeling more positive @cupcake88 :) Very best of luck for tomorrow! Please do let us know how it goes, and try not to put too much pressure on yourself. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    Hi every one so today didn’t go to plan . My partner and nurse were right I was not ready I made a total fool of my self . Even tho I must of come Across like I was insane the manager still said to contact her if I want to try again she said she will keep me  as cover staff but I can let her know if I wish to try again we’ll not for another 6 to 12 months I said . I’m so embarrassed I hate how my illness has affected me im a laughing stock I’m not feeling very well every one so I might not be on the site for a little while as I’m really not feeling so good . Thank you for all your support and well wishes . 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,354 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sorry to hear that! Don't give yourself such a hard time. You're not a laughing stock at all. Sometimes we should listen to the advice given by others. Take time for yourself, put your feet up and relax and try again when you're feeling a little better.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • cupcake88
    Thank you for you kind words I’ll be back on the forum when feeling better I’m not feeling well at all . And yeh my nurse and partner were right I’m not ready for work . My nurse actually said she didn’t think 5 minutes of work was good I was offended at the time but she’s right . Im always in such a hurry to not be like this to get better but I don’t think I will ever get better I’m not feeling well at all I’ll be back on The forum when feeling better thank you for all for your support it means a lot to me xx
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2020
    @cupcake88 - remember you are a strong person, & have overcome so much. Perhaps you were not ready to try a few hours employment, & perhaps you were, but felt you might let you prospective employer down? You'll get there, as you are one determined lady.
    Please do stay in touch; you are an important member of our community. Take a few days off by all means, but please do let us all know how you're doing. Personally I would really miss hearing from you. :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @cupcake88 sorry it didnt work out but at least you tried and thought about getting back to work and that is a huge step especially after all you have been through 

Take care and yes have rest get yourself better and look forward to hearing from you when you are ready x x 
  • Tori_Scope
    I'm with the others @cupcake88. You're definitely not a laughing stock, and we look forward to having you back on the community whenever you're ready :) 

• cupcake88
    Thank you all for your kind words of supports it means so much to me . It wasn’t a good idea that I went but it sort of was because it was good to push my self and also I hate to say my partner was right ha . 

I used to make things and sell them online but my concentration has become very bad so I might try doing that again next year making cards and Home decor things but I will wait till I’m feeling better . I tried making little Christmas angel charms but there Weren’t  good enough to sell my concentration is very poor at the moment .

im lucky enough to have an amazing partner who supports me . But I don’t like relying on him financially yes I have pip now so I’m able to help a little bit but not as much as I would like . I do have a little savings pot for us for emergencies. My Partner always says I help a lot I clean , I do the washing and I look after him but I feel like it’s the other way around he looks after me . I just want to so badly get back to how i was but I feel like that part of me has gone .

i have been threw some traumatic events that has  changed me . I feel like I’m constantly mourning the old me if that makes sense . 

But I do want to say that there are nice employers out there who are understanding I didn’t think there was but this lady who gave me the cleaning job couldn’t of been nicer . 

Thank you to you for your support means so much xxxx

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Glad to see you back @cupcake88 just give yourself time there is no rush to get back to work

You are being useful and supportive to your partner and I am sure he cherishes the things you do for him. A relationship is a partnership where you both do what you can to support each other and thats not just financial and it sounds like you have a great relationship and that is something to be proud of
  • cupcake88
    Thank you for your kind words and support xx
  • chiarieds
    Hi @cupcake88 - it's lovely to see you back in the community. It sounds like you & your partner are fortunate to have each other, & each other's understanding, which is what matters. It's a pleasure for those of us who have got to know you here to hope to support you, as you do the same for others. :)
  • cupcake88
    Thank you so much for your lovely words it means a lot to me . This forum has done so much good for my illness . I feel like I have made friends with every one on here and we all support each other xx
  • Tori_Scope
    I'm glad you find the community so supportive @cupcake88 :) As the others have said, it sounds like your partner really values you.
    I feel like I’m constantly mourning the old me if that makes sense . 
    That makes a lot of sense, and I think it's something many people experience. Coincidentally, we have that topic in our calendar to make a post about next month. In the meantime, I found this blog post by Blurt that talks about mourning the person you were before depression, which you might you can relate to? 

• chiarieds
    The above post from Blurt helps me understand depression a little better. Their ones on anxiety & breathing exercises also seem good. Perhaps you could make a post about these @Tori_Scope to make them more widely available to others? :)
  • Tori_Scope
    edited November 2020
    Good idea @chiarieds! I've put that on my to-do list :) 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.