Fantasy League - 2020/2021 - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Fantasy League - 2020/2021

Comments

• WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Hi @Ross_Scope
                                  How are you? I just wanted to say well done, you are totally bossing the fantasy league, got any tips :) Hope you have another great week this week. Thank you
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Very kind of you @WestHam06 and it's great to see you back on the community. I'm doing very well thanks, how are you? 

I don't know how good my tips are, but the main thing I'm doing each week is looking at how many points players have gotten in total, and making any decisions based on that. 

I'm in a bit of a pickle this week though, I have van Dijk in my team and now he's obviously out for the season. I hope you have a successful weekend too :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • WestHam06
    Hi @Ross_Scope,
                                  Thank you. I am pleased to hear that you are well, I'm ok thank you. Thank you for sharing these tips with us, I think I may have to adopt your tactics :) I know what you mean about VVD, I took him out and put in Mings as I thought he had a solid start, we're always learning :( What a night Bamford had on Friday, he is really making his mark. Thank you
  • Ross_Alumni
    He really is making his mark, as are Leeds as a whole, and I'm thrilled about that.

I had Bamford in my starting 11 so that earned me most of my points this weekend, how did you get on @WestHam06 ?

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • WestHam06
    I completely agree @Ross_Scope, Leeds are really showing what they are capable of and I think Bielsa is the right man for the job and could really take Leeds somewhere. Awesome, you had Bamford in your team, he got a fair few points, please may I ask, was he you captain? I think I've had an ok week but I had Vardy on the bench as I thought he wouldn't play :( Thank you 
  • Ross_Alumni
    No he wasn't my captain @WestHam06, my captain is Harry Kane :) 

Ah yeah that's a shame about Vardy, yeah I thought he wouldn't play either.

• WestHam06
    Hi @Ross_Scope
                                  How are you? How was your week in FPL this week? Thank you
  • Ross_Alumni
    Hi @WestHam06

I'm very well thanks, how are you? 

It was decent actually, I had a couple of unlikely goal scorers like Dallas and mings, I'm fairly happy with how it went. What about you? 

• WestHam06
    Hi @Ross_Scope
                                  I'm pleased to hear that you are well, I am good thank you for asking. I'm pleased you had a decent week, it's always great when you get an unlikely goal scorer to add to the points :) I think I probably had my best week so far, 6 of my 11 players scored so I feel pretty fortunate and pleased. I brought Ward-Prowse in last week, probably my best transfer yet :) Best of luck for this week :) Thank you 
  • Ross_Alumni
    That's brilliant @WestHam06, and a fantastic call about Ward-Prowse, he had a great weekend last time out.

Have you made any transfers for this weekend?

• WestHam06
    I know, I couldn't believe my luck when they just seemed to keep scoring :) I had Danny Ings and obviously he will be out for a number of weeks so I brought Timo Werner in for him. Please may I ask, did you make any transfers? Thank you
  • Ross_Alumni
    I only made one this week @WestHam06, I brought Hector Belerin in for Mings, what about you? 

• pieeter
    pieeter Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Hi my name is Christian I am a big Southport football fan I hope we win the league this season
  • Ross_Alumni
    Hi @pieeter

Thanks for joining! How are Southport doing this season? 

I'm a Leeds fan. Are you going to join our fantasy league?

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    @Ross_Scope hi from another Leeds fan :) I didn’t know you were a Leeds fan. Or maybe I have read it but forgotten in which case I am sorry.

How do you feel about them being in the top league, it’s a bit like a small fish in a big pond isn’t it!!
  • Ross_Alumni
    edited November 2020
    Hi @66Mustang

I think I've mentioned it before on the football thread when you were around, but hey you interact with so many threads on here that it's expected that you forget stuff :) 

It's pretty surreal at times, have to say I haven't enjoyed the last two games. Looking forward to when fans can go back to grounds though. How are you feeling about it so far?

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    Haha :D 

I am just pleased to be in the premier league after so long and will be happy to be anywhere in it that doesn’t mean a demotion, haha! I agree with you on the most recent games, though!
  • WestHam06
    Hi @Ross_Scope
                                  How did you get on this week? Please may I ask what did you make of Bamford's disallowed goal, so harsh? Also, the Arsenal game, didn't see that coming? Thank you.
  • WestHam06
    edited November 2020
    Hi @pieeter
                          How are you? Welcome to the community and thank you for joining us. Awsome a Southport fan, I see you are 3rd in the League, pretty good start, only losing one, you definietly are in with a chance :) Please may I ask would you be interested in joining Scope's Fantasy League? Also, here on the online community, we hold a football competition whereby each game week we guess the scores of the Premier League games plus a bonus game from one other league. Please if you would be interested I'd be happy to explain more and you can find our table and predicitions in the Coffee Lounge. Please do ask any questions you may have. Thank you.
  • Ross_Alumni
    I had an average weekend @WestHam06, not great, not terrible, what about you? 
    I haven't seen Bamford's disallowed goal yet, but I think it's so unlucky that he was penalised for simply pointing where he wanted the ball to be played. I'm not a fan of VAR.
    Definitely didn't see the Arsenal result coming, but I hope they play that badly when we face them next week.

And I would agree @66Mustang, survival has to be the ultimate aim.

Brightness