tribunal help - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

tribunal help

Comments

• mark1983
    mark1983 Community member Posts: 48 Listener
    just update on case spoke to cab/rep about the tribunal saying hand in evidence with in 3 weeks and i emailed cab the letter that says case was closed no further action from the 4 march and that dwp did not hand any evidence even asking for a extension and that the tribunal will now refuse any evidence from dwp now and cab told me to not send no medical records no evidence just wait for the tribunal to give us a date of hearing to he said they usually will give us 2 weeks notice and then to send in the letter that states case is closed and the original pip points letter that my wife got awarded with a statement stating kinda in words of the case should be throw out as dwp have sent no evidence and the letter in front states they closed the case in march hoping it will go this way at the tribunal
  • mark1983
    have a qwestion if any 1 could help the dwp asked the tribunal for a extension to hand evidence in the tribunal gave them till 3rd oct they still handed nothing in last week we had 2 letters from the tribunal 1 saying that the receivd the evidence that we added to my wife case and the other letter stating what has happen that dwp didnt send any evidence in and it has expired so i contacted cab/rep read him the letter he said that dwp cant send in evidence now as time as expired from the tribunal so today 7 nov i got thu post 350 page from dwp the evedence they have sent to the tribunal will the tribunal except it and can i fight for it to be removed as time expired cant talk to my rep/cab till tuesday as working from home sorry for being so long

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    I believe they can still send the evidence, they are mostly always late even with being given extra time. It sounds like you received the "bundle" is that correct?

Not sure what you mean by "can you fight for it to be removed?" fight for what? The most important thing is that you concentrate on where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mark1983
    hi @poppy123456 yeah the bundle was from dwp and what i mean fight the tribunal said in the letter they gave my wife is that the time dwp to hand eveidence in has expired so anything that they send in must be invalid to my wife case 
  • mark1983
    just so confuse becouse CAB even told us when we read the letter from the tribunal saying that dwp time to hand evidence has expired he told us that the tribunal can't except it with the time being expired
  • poppy123456
    Are you 100% sure that's exactly what they said to you? DWP are very often late sending their evidence but usually it makes no difference, it's accepted. Regardless, you shouldn't be concentrating on that because this is not going to give you a PIP award.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • mark1983
    yes after each coverstation we have with CAB he writes up as a statement plus we have a tribunal letter that states this and i read word to word the letter to CAB he agreed there time has expired and the tribunal shouldnt allow the evidence and cab told us to keep are evidence simple the evidence cab told us to send is the letter we got from dwp bk in march to say case was closed no further action taken against my wife the orginal pip letter that she was awarded with all her points and assesor home visit statement and a statement from my wife stateing dwp have sent in no eveidence and the letter from dwp states case closed in march few other things and on the end saying she bellieve the case should be thu out 
  • mark1983
    @poppy123456 in away it does give my wife bk her pip as she was awarded for 10 years after 5 she got reported fraud sqaud followed her recorded 9 days out 3 weeks they then trying to claim 5 years of money 31 thousand wife gets letter saying from dwp case closed no further action so if the tribunal dont get dwp evidence then theres no case would have to award her it bk this why dwp eveidnece shouldnt be aloud if the time expired to hand it in even after the dwp ask for a extention and still didnt hand any in CAB tell us it cant be excepted soooo confused 

• poppy123456
    I've now read your original post above, which i should have done before commenting. I see now that your wifes PIP was/is under investigation which is the reason for the Tribunal. Based on this, i won't make any further comments because it's beyond my knowledge. As you have a rep then you should contact them and ask them any questions you have because they will know everything about your case, no one here knows anything about it.

Good luck.
  • mark1983
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    I was just reading this what a ordeal you and your wife have been threw what a night mare . My god that sounds horrible so from watching your wife for 3 weeks there trying to say she’s well what a load of **** how can they make such judgments in 3 weeks . People have good and bad days . That sounds like a awful ordeal to go threw what a worry . Have they stopped your wife’s pip while this is going on ? And trying to say you owe 5 years worth of pip over 3 weeks of them watching you have I got this right ? What a huge stress to go threw . I can’t offer you any helpful advice just my support and I hope things work out for your wife and this is all sorted . 

Surely they must get loads of fake call ins so many people out there reporting people just to be nasty . So while there looking into genuine  people all the fakers go under the radar . 
  • cupcake88
    I find it hard taking in information at Times did you say the 31 k Case has been dropped ? And your just trying to fight for your wife’s pip or you still trying to appeal the 31 k ? What a stress for you both I really hope it goes ok 
  • mark1983
    hi @cupcake88 yeah u have it right but out of the 3 weeks they only cought her 9 days and yeah my wife pip got stopped in 2019 august ty for you're kind words very stress full i wish this on no 1
  • mark1983
     @cupcake88 we have 2 cases in 1 tribunal money and pip but on 4th march dwp sent us letter saying case cloesd no further action so we sent it as evidence to the tribunal with medical letters of gp and specalist pictures etc
  • cupcake88
    My god how awful so they pretty much stoped her pip once she was looked into how awful they must get so many pranksters call up and report people why they stop people money over some silly report I have no idea people are jealous and bitter and make stuff up . My god 2019 she’s had no pip well I hope she gets her back pay soon and her pip awarded . 
    Please keep us updated I hope your wife is ok 
  • cupcake88
    If she was reported to them in 2018 you would of thought they would of looked into it then and then either chucked it out or looked into it more why they wait till 2019 to stop her pip how awful I’m sorry she’s got threw this . 
  • mark1983
    thank you @Username_removed for the info my wife phone cab/rep waiting for him to ring bk this week to let him know. i was wondering when it come to the tribunal phone call (no date set yet) that my wife could bring it up about the late evidence an the letter the tribunal sent to my wife that dwp time has expired they can't execpt it or would that make her get on the wrong side of the panel.  
  • mark1983
    hi @Username_removed just update cab/rep phone my wife today about the dwp bundle he was asking her to read a b c d e pages at start to see if there is apology letter from dwp to the tribunal which there isnt for late evidence an to ring him bk on tuesday so he will tell my wife how to write a letter to get dwp evidence thrown out and in the letter she sends my wife can refer to pages out of the dwp eveidence that the tribunal can look at only the pages she refer to nothing else. have u heard of many case thats late and has no apology letter from dwp but the tribunal still let evidence in 
  • cupcake88
    I’m so sorry you have to go threw this I don’t understand why they would listen to some one reporting your wife they must get people telling lies on people all the time . 

Did they decide to stop her pip after they were watching her ? Well clearly they was not watching good . 

I really hope your wife gets her pip back how long was the award for was it a life time award? 

I’m sorry you are going threw this 
  • poppy123456
    @cupcake88 there's no such thing as a lifetime award for PIP. The maximum award length is 10 years with a light touch review.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.