Help pip received an email from tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help pip received an email from tribunal

darren07
darren07 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
edited November 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA

Hi everyone  I just need a little help with pip if possible I also here to help support too . Ok so last time I went for a pip assessment they came back and scored me zero on everything to my shock . So I appealed it and it took ages I didn’t even have to do a mandatory reconciliation as at the time they wasn’t doing that . Anyway after months of struggle and hurt and no money I got a phone call from pip saying they can offer me this and the reasons for it before it went to court . So I took it anyway the time for renewal was up again and guess what they scored me zero again on all . So I did the same and this time had to do a mandatory reconciliation again they turned me down so I again put it to tribunal. This time I have received a email from the tribunal people saying pip have overturned it in my favour and they have closed the case . So I phoned dwa on Friday the day I got the email from tribunal and they said they know nothing about the decision. So has anyone else had this what is the next step to take please . Also like I said don’t give up even though as hard as it is . There’s support out there people should get what they actually deserve I went though stress again and again . Thankyou  

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,367 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

That's great news. I would try ringing DWP today and ask them again, if they tell you the same thing then ask for a call back from a decision maker.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Cintique
    Cintique Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Hi Darren So Glad to hear you have good news but just to let you know do not panic!
    copy the reply from the DWP post a hard copy through Royal Mail to the DWP with a proof of postage asking them to send you any money they owe you or get some help from your local council to help you do this! whilst you are waiting also telephone the local DWP office to tell them your situation if you need emergency supplies because of lack of money or pressing bills also contact your GP and tell them your problems stress can cause serious medical problems and they can assist you with that and may even give you a letter to forward on to the DWP 
     Hope this helps any further problems contact your MP or Local Councillor
    Best Wishes Cintique
  • darren07
    Thankyou both so much I’ve been stressing last time it all got to much for me and I took my life I was lucky it’s such a stress like I said on my post to others please don’t give up I think it’s so wrong they put people though this I get there only doing there jobs but to actually put people though it like they do is mad I still stress that I’m not gonna get and my finances I’m struggling with but hopefully they will sort and thankyou 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sorry it caused you so much stress before @darren07. I hope that the above advice has helped.

How are you doing in terms of your mental health at the moment? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • darren07
    I’m not great but thanks for reply I’ve just phoned dwp there refusing saying they haven’t but I got letter from tribunal saying they have changed there mind in my favour today so they told me to ring tribunal so I did they said they received email from dwp saying they are gonna make offer so I don’t know where I stand now I’m gonna try ring dwp again tomorrow 
  • poppy123456
    Did you ask for a decision maker to ring you? if you haven't then please do this tomorrow when you ring them.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • darren07
    Thanks poppy turns out that last years appeal is the reference number on the letter and email I got so it’s upsetting it’s taken over a year and really strange that it’s come when I appealed this time it’s not right or fair so I don’t know where I stand now 
  • poppy123456
    Sorry but now i'm confused. So the email you received isn't for this hearing? It's for a previous one? but why have you received an email for a previous hearing?
  • darren07
    Yeah it’s from tribunal a year ago 
  • darren07
    All very odd last time I appealed a year ago they phoned me pip did and offered me pip without going to tribunal so I accepted they said I didn’t have to close tribunal as they would but this year I had to appeal again so I did so then I received email Friday and letter today saying I had won appeal and the case was closed but wasn’t until I went back though emails tonight after phone calls to see the reference number matches last years one 
  • poppy123456
    Very strange. I would contact HMCTS and ask why you've received the email with the previous hearing reference number on.
  • greenman
    greenman Community member Posts: 15 Listener
    darren07 said:
    Thankyou both so much I’ve been stressing last time it all got to much for me and I took my life I was lucky it’s such a stress like I said on my post to others please don’t give up I think it’s so wrong they put people though this I get there only doing there jobs but to actually put people though it like they do is mad I still stress that I’m not gonna get and my finances I’m struggling with but hopefully they will sort and thankyou 

Your absolutely right, DWP should'nt be putting folk through what they often do. I sympathise completely with the stress they cause.  DWP staff take whatever chance they can to reject a Claim even if it can be totally disprooved with a simple phone call.  They will go all the way to a Tribunual with thier nonsense sometimes, wasting time and money.  Well its not their money anyway so their not to worried, keeps them occupied I suppose, but often to our suffering. They can be absolutely disrespectful and inconsiderate.  More cost effective to replace DWP with computers.  They have the required values,  no consideration/sympathy/understanding.      
    Seems sometimes they realise they dont have a hope and are making offers to avoid unjustifiable Tribunual cases being heard last minuite, and their studipity being openly discussed.  What Ive heard from you Darren about thier conduct towards your Claim is really rock bottom.  I really sincerely hope you are given what they initially said you would get and its not a error.   

• poppy123456
    Thankfully, the majority of people claim PIP successfully first time without any problems at all.
  • darren07
    Hi just an update so I phoned tribunal Monday as well as dwp I phoned pip today and they have received the same letter I received from the courts she said she couldn’t tell me anymore but looks like pip are gonna make me an offer it takes upto three weeks but I’m worried there gonna say it’s from last appeal but even if it is there lose cos they took it off me yet court say I was entitled and my circumstances ain’t changed I was in hospital so I informed them and that’s why it changed my circumstances got worse yet they refused it so I’m still lost and in limbo thankyou 
  • poppy123456
    It makes no sense to me that DWP don't even know anything about the "offer" they were supposed to have made.
  • darren07
    I have no idea myself but it was from last year they offered me and said they would close the appeal to tribunal and I didn’t have to do anything so I’m completely lost myself poppy as like I said they now received the letter I got from the tribunal 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.