GP Factual Report For PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

GP Factual Report For PIP

keira
keira Community member Posts: 133 Courageous
Hi, does anyone know how long atos are meant to wait for the return of the above form before completing their assessment report?  It's just that my relative has received a copy of their paper based report and the assessor has only waited 5 days for the GP form to be returned before stating on the report continuation box that they could not make any progress and had referred the case to CSL? It then appears that a second assessor has completed the report on the same day who also did not wait for the return of the GP report. The atos report has resulted in their pip being decreased by the dwp and no mention has been made of the GP report which the dwp were already in receipt of when the decision was made  My relative is sure that the decision would have been more favourable if the GP report had been taken into consideration. Any advice or thoughts about this would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    The GP report isnt always relevant unless it goes into detail about how the person is affected on a daily basis against the descriptors and most often go report just confirms condition and treatment 

If your friend doesn't agree with decision they need to put in a MR which will be detailed in their letter 
  • keira
    Hi, thanks for the reply. My relative has a copy of the GP report and it does go into detail so it is very relevant in their case.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    If the DM had the gp report then it will have been taken into account along with the assessors report and the review form 
    They normally go with the assessors recommendation but do take other evidence into account 

As I said b4 the next action is MR
  • keira
    edited November 2020
    There is no mention in the decision notice that the gp report has been taken into account nor is there any mention of the other evidence submitted (the atos report does not list any of the evidence submitted or that it has been considered either, only the actual questionnaire). We are aware of the MR action. Thanks.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2020
    HI,

All they can do is request the MR within 1 month of the date of the decision. Unfortunately, this is the process and once that decision's been made if they're not happy then they need to request the Tribunal.

Also to add, unles the report from the GP stated exactly how their conditions affect them then it will be of little use. Very few GPs know exactly how our conditions affect us against the PIP descriptors, unless they've been told by the patient.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Have to agree that GP reports are usually a waste of paper, either the GP doesn't know enough about how your condition affects you or the assessors don't think they are worthwhile.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.