Evidence for LCWRA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Evidence for LCWRA

Luna51
Luna51 Community member Posts: 283 Pioneering
Hello again

Just a quick (I hope) question for the experts here regarding what the DWP count as 'evidence' to begin the three month waiting process for a LCWRA award.
I started my daughter's claim in August and started providing fit notes then, we filled in the form for her assessment a few weeks later and sent that in with lots of medical supporting letters, we had a reply within 4 days of them receiving the form saying she was to be placed in the LCWRA group (this letter was dated 10.10.2020) and that was it, nothing more has been said.
Could someone possibly clarify if her assessment period started from when we handed in fit notes from August or from the day they received her medical evidence and form?
Thank you so much ☺ 

Comments

• cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    What’s lcwra ? 
  • Luna51
    Low capability for work related activities. 
  • Luna51
    Sorry, I meant 'limited' capability.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

What's her assessment period dates please? I will be able to work out when she should receive the LCWRA element once i know this.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    The waiting period starts from first sick note received she will have to wait 3 full assessment periods eg the dates of her UC assessment periods then payment is made from the 4th month 

For example sick note sent aug if after start assessment period then sept oct nov would be waiting period payment start from dec 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @cupcake88

LCWRA is limited capability for work and work related activity for those on UC means they are classed as not fit for work and receive an additional payment on top of their UC
  • Luna51
    I've also been in touch with UC not expecting a quick answer but got one! apparently she's due the payment in January. Thank you for your replies ☺ 
  • poppy123456
    That doesn't sound correct to me. What's her assessment period dates please? Sometimes they get the dates wrong and tell people the waiting period applies from when the decision on the assessment was made, this isn't correct. I just want to make sure they are correct with their advice.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Luna51
    Hello Poppy 
    Her assessment date (first payment) was from the 12th September - 11th October (following the usual 5 week wait for a payment?) the next was 12th Oct - 11th Nov* (*current assessment period, she's paid on the 18th of each month) Journal entries began on the 12th September. Fit note runs from 26th August - 26 Nov.
    I guess we started on the 12th September with the claim, following the telephone appointment with a uc colleague. 
    Hope this makes sense. 
    Thanks again.. 
  • poppy123456
    Thanks, yes it makes sense. Unforuntately, in this case it goes from the date of the claim, not the date of the fit note.

12th September - 11th October ...1 month
    12 October - 11 November...  2 months
    12 November - 11 December...  3 months.
    12th December - 11 January... LCWRA payment starts here and will be paid in with this payment. DWP are correct with their dates.
  • Luna51
    Yes, I gathered it would be around January time. 
    Would make life less stressful if they just explained the process a little more clearly.. 
    Thank you for your help.. ☺ 

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    It can be quite a stressful process @Luna51, sadly it's a process that isn't always made easy for the claimants. 

But I hope the above advice has been helpful.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • poppy123456
    Luna51 said:
    Yes, I gathered it would be around January time. 
    Would make life less stressful if they just explained the process a little more clearly.. 
    Thank you for your help.. ☺ 

The majority of them don't know the process theirself to be honest. They are very poorly trained.
  • shelby20
    shelby20 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Luna51 said:
    Hello again

Just a quick (I hope) question for the experts here regarding what the DWP count as 'evidence' to begin the three month waiting process for a LCWRA award.
    I started my daughter's claim in August and started providing fit notes then, we filled in the form for her assessment a few weeks later and sent that in with lots of medical supporting letters, we had a reply within 4 days of them receiving the form saying she was to be placed in the LCWRA group (this letter was dated 10.10.2020) and that was it, nothing more has been said.
    Could someone possibly clarify if her assessment period started from when we handed in fit notes from August or from the day they received her medical evidence and form?
    Thank you so much ☺ 
    I'm having a similar issue now I was accessed and was granted lcwra but I have no idea when my three month period started as everything says from the first bit of submitted evidence. I'm not sure if for me that was my first fit note before they sent me a message telling me that my case has been sent of for this paper work and assessment or if its the fit note and none stop letters and such I sent in with the form?

I was granted it in November. When I was on a call with someone she said from Jan I should be recieveing the payments from the lcwra element but she never actually specified if that's a definitive or not 
  • poppy123456
    edited December 2023
    shelby20 said:
    Luna51 said:
    Hello again

Thank you so much ☺ 
    I'm having a similar issue now I was accessed and was granted lcwra but I have no idea when my three month period started as everything says from the first bit of submitted evidence. I'm not sure if for me that was my first fit note before they sent me a message telling me that my case has been sent of for this paper work and assessment or if its the fit note and none stop letters and such I sent in with the form?

I was granted it in November. When I was on a call with someone she said from Jan I should be recieveing the payments from the lcwra element but she never actually specified if that's a definitive or not 
    You've commented on the thread from 2020.
    The waiting period starts from when you reported your health condition, providing you provided a fit note within 7 days of that. It's 3 full assessment periods and the extra money is paid from the 4th month, with first payment being the end of that month.

You haven't given any information for me to be able to advise you. If you can answer the following questions i can advise....

1/ What date exactly did you report your health condition/provide your first fit note?
    2/ what date do you usually receive your money each month?
  • shelby20
    shelby20 said:
    Luna51 said:
    Hello again

Thank you so much ☺ 

You've commented on the thread from 2020.
    The waiting period starts from when you reported your health condition, providing you provided a fit note within 7 days of that. It's 3 full assessment periods and the extra money is paid from the 4th month, with first payment being the end of that month.

You haven't given any information for me to be able to advise you. If you can answer the following questions i can advise....

1/ What date exactly did you report your health condition/provide your first fit note?
    2/ what date do you usually receive your money each month?
    The fit note I handed in was on the 31st of August and accepted on that date 

The date of which I was informed my case was referred to the centre of health and disability was on the 14th of September 

I usually recieve my payment on the 13th with an assessment period between 7th of one month to the sixth of the other 
  • poppy123456
    @shelby20 thank you for that information. This means your waiting period will be as follows..

Sept/Oct, Oct/Nov, Nov/Dec.. LCWRA starts from 7th Dec to 6th Jan and first payment will be 13th Jan. No LCWRA element is owed.

If you or a partner were receiving earnings since you provided your first fit note and you didn't previously have the work allowance then you will be owed some money from that.

Please note, my advice assumes you're not claiming UC with a partner that already receives the LCWRA element on your claim.
  • shelby20
    @shelby20 thank you for that information. This means your waiting period will be as follows..

Sept/Oct, Oct/Nov, Nov/Dec.. LCWRA starts from 7th Dec to 6th Jan and first payment will be 13th Jan. No LCWRA element is owed.

If you or a partner were receiving earnings since you provided your first fit note and you didn't previously have the work allowance then you will be owed some money from that.

Please note, my advice assumes you're not claiming UC with a partner that already receives the LCWRA element on your claim.
    From what I know there was a fit not from 31st of August to the 18th of September then the next one was in October sometime around I'd say the 7-18 it's big gap but without looking I'm not one hundred percent sure on the date. But according to a gov site if its between assessments they go of the one that was a full assesemnt period?
  • poppy123456
    shelby20 said:

From what I know there was a fit not from 31st of August to the 18th of September then the next one was in October sometime around I'd say the 7-18 it's big gap but without looking I'm not one hundred percent sure on the date. But according to a gov site if its between assessments they go of the one that was a full assesemnt period?

You can check back on your journal to see the exact dates you provided the fit notes. The waiting period is 3 full assessment periods, so if you report a health condition/ provide a fit note part way through an assessment period then that month doesn't count.

In your situation because there's a gap potentially of a few weeks then your first payment maybe later than i advised. You are supposed to provide fit notes without any gaps until a decision is made on your claim. Gaps can affect when the extra money is paid from.
  • shelby20
    shelby20 said:

You can check back on your journal to see the exact dates you provided the fit notes. The waiting period is 3 full assessment periods, so if you report a health condition/ provide a fit note part way through an assessment period then that month doesn't count.

In your situation because there's a gap potentially of a few weeks then your first payment maybe later than i advised. You are supposed to provide fit notes without any gaps until a decision is made on your claim. Gaps can affect when the extra money is paid from.
    They never actually informed me about the fit notes until one expired after the one in September they didn't tell me I needed one till mid to late October then it was a fight to get one

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.