Just... why? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Just... why?

Options

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Why do sandwiches cut into triangles taste better than those cut in half?  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • encaser
    encaser Community member Posts: 400 Pioneering
    Options
    I'd have to disagree. My ask would be, why do they pre-cut bought sandwiches in triangles? As opposed to a rectangle cut, they are difficult to cram crisps in and your crisps and/or filling try to fall out as the corner droops - and nobody wants a droopy end!
  • Cher_Alumni
    Options
    God forbid a droopy end  :D  The practicalities of a triangular sandwich is a point I admittedly overlooked.  I think they just remind me of my childhood and therefore taste better.  I wonder what the anti-rectangle vibe is about?

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • encaser
    encaser Community member Posts: 400 Pioneering
    Options
    I think it's a clear case of elitist poshism attempting to further dilute the average persons 'fair cut' and needs looking into. Not all want dainty sandwiches and I'm sure feminists would also agree that it's yet another case of trying to oppress women into taking a smaller bite of available resources.

* I may or, may not of had too much coffee.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Options
    I think there's a PHD in this: a critical examination of retail vendors non-engagement with rectangular sandwiches.  

*I need coffee  :D 

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sandwiches from packets however they are cut are just nasty . Cheap floppy bread fillings too cold 

The ones in paper bags are a bit more edible and Gregg's do some rectangle cut ones and Sainsburys taste the difference range 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Options
    Ahh I'm thinking of M&S sarnies.  Their prawn mayonnaise sandwiches are amazing.   <3  

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I never can understand how thin a tube of smarties is, even one of them hardly fits through it, it's unbelievable.
    Online Community Coordinator

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • vikingqueen
    vikingqueen Scope Member Posts: 1,432 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
       Ah @Ross_Scope but 20p pieces fit in the empty tube, my grandchildren like the smartie tube because they never know if its sweets or money they are going to get :)
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,594 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Why is there not a standard sizing method for clothing, why are all companies different?

I can wear size 36 jeans from Marks and Spencer, but from Sainsburys’s I have to buy size 40!

Oops I am giving away how fat I am :D
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's certainly one use for them @vikingqueen :) 

Online Community Coordinator

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I agree with you on different sizing @66Mustang it is so frustrating!
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    Options
    Why are all the Comic Con type events cancelled till next year? We should've gone to 2 this month, Chesterfield on the 1st, and Leeds on the 15th.

Why can't I get a job?

• Ami2301
    Options
    I've never been to a Comic Con but I really hope to at some point @MrAllen1976 have you been to any prior to this year?
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,016 Pioneering
    Options
    Ami2301 said:
    I thought this might be a bit of fun and lighthearted to question the common sense behind  some things, like...

Pringles - why are the tubes not big enough to fit your entire hand in  :D
    Why do I have this image of you with baby propped on one arm and pringles in the other! :):smiley: I hope your new family member is settling in well. 

• Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,016 Pioneering
    Options
    Posh sandwiches  :smile:
  • Ami2301
    Options
    Cressida said:

Why do I have this image of you with baby propped on one arm and pringles in the other! :):smiley: I hope your new family member is settling in well. 
    Hehe... if I could multitask, I would! :D Daisy is settling in well thank you ? 
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    66Mustang said:
    Why is there not a standard sizing method for clothing, why are all companies different?

I can wear size 36 jeans from Marks and Spencer, but from Sainsburys’s I have to buy size 40!

Aren't jeans measured in inches?  How can that be different!?  :o  I also have a jeans related question though....why do they only make them in even sizes?  2 inches is an awful lot, it's the difference between cold shins and dragging on the floor!  :D

And on the subject of clothes, why do they make mens T-shirts with such enormous, gaping neck holes?  We're not all huge, hench body builders with girthy necks...no-one wants so see my scrawny collar bones poking out the head hole!  :D

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Why are handwash bottles not made in a way that allows every drop to be used?  Either the base needs to dip in the middle (with a solid ring around the lower edge) or they need longer pump tubes to reach an edge!
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,594 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    66Mustang said:

Aren't jeans measured in inches?  How can that be different!?  :o  I also have a jeans related question though....why do they only make them in even sizes?  2 inches is an awful lot, it's the difference between cold shins and dragging on the floor!  :D

And on the subject of clothes, why do they make mens T-shirts with such enormous, gaping neck holes?  We're not all huge, hench body builders with girthy necks...no-one wants so see my scrawny collar bones poking out the head hole!  :D

I have seen some companies make odd numbers but very rarely!!

Brightness