I just want to get a paid job and a job I'm comfortable in - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I just want to get a paid job and a job I'm comfortable in

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    @james77 - your frustration is very understandable, but hopefully you've now landed in the right place. Scope works to help people with disabilities, & understand what you've gone through in seeking work. They will work with you & offer support. We are all here wishing you the best too. :)
  • James77
    James77 Community member Posts: 35 Listener
    @chiarieds I just want t say thank you it means a lot I hope t get through scope I hope everyone is OK n is safe I am willing t do everything I can do t get a job i am looking forward t getting a job with scope n hope they can support me can you tell me i love fashion I'm all about brands clothing etc I know this sounds I know might seem as might seem t take in but I am looking for any work but I don't want t go into a job if I'm keen on the job or if it  isn't for me I just want t get a job that is good for me I have got an interview Wednesday because it's for a comission job 
  • colpsteinmark
    colpsteinmark Community member Posts: 2 Listener

Hello my name is Mark I have worked in sheltered workshops in my pas and I have had seven assestment to see whether I could do better then I could do
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Of course you want a job that you enjoy @James77. That's really important. 

Very best of luck for the interview today! Let us know how it goes.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    All the best with the interview @James77, I'm sure you'll do great.

It's normal to be frustrated and feel down about the situation, it can be very hard to not have a job when you want one so badly.

My advice to you would be to treat finding a job like having a job, and put as much work into it as you can, which I'm sure you'll already be doing. Support to Work will help you, and this community will support you as much as we can as well.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • James77
    @Ross_Scope will sort of jobs will scope get you into 

• James77
    @Chloe_Scope Hello Chloe how are you 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Hi @James77

Support to Work will advise on searching for jobs, applying for jobs and preparing for interviews. 

Scope also has a Career Pathways service which will help you to decide what sort of job you want to go for. This is only open to those who are aged 16 - 25 however.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    Hi there so for example I have mental illnesses I would have to look for a job that’s very less stress than I used to work as years ago . I don’t see my self ever being able to work full time or in a high stressed job . So I Would have to do a job around my illness but I’m not ready to work .

think of some thing you want to do and then look on job sites see what you can find and then apply. 
  • James77
    @Tori_Scope I have lost my confidence in applying for jobs it's all negative when the out come of my application are always negative I just hope that I will get supported for a job am I in the right place for finding jobs with scope n more of a chance 
  • Ross_Alumni
    @James77
    You are in the right place, the Scope Support to Work service will advise you on the job hunting process, and speaking to them will help build your confidence in applying for jobs. This community is also very supportive and will happily reply to any comments you want to make.

You will absolutely be able to find a job in which the employer will support you, there are so many good employers out there. They have a duty to consider reasonable adjustments for their employees, to try and remove barriers at work.

• James77
    edited November 2020
    @Ross_Scope I hope I'll get a job asap that is what my aim is and I hope whatever job I go for I hope I get these last few weeks I've been put forward for jobs and they haven't given me up a chance 
  • Ross_Alumni
    You will get a job @James77 I'm sure :) 

• James77
    Trying to make friends on here with people if u want t get t know me let me know 
  • James77
    Might come off this sorry evreryone I am so sorry for the negative stuff just not ina good frame of mind and feel very very unhappy 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Hi @James77

We very much appreciate your contributions to the community, it's great having you here. It's a shame that you are feeling really low, is there anything you can do that will make you feel better? Doing a favourite hobby perhaps? 

On the community, I would recommend visiting the coffee lounge section, you will find a link for it at the top of the page, we play a lot of games and have fun conversations over there.

However, if you feel as though you need a break from the community, that's totally fine too of course.

• James77
    @Ross_Scope I have literally tried everything I can and nothings going right I have my very best but I don't know what t do 
  • Ross_Alumni
    I can understand that @James77, I've had that feeling in the past and I know it's hard. 

If you keep working as hard as you can, and follow up on the information provided in this thread, you will be on the right track towards gaining employment.

At times it can feel as though you are on your own and that there isn't much help out there, especially for disabled people, but I promise you that there are resources and services out there, such as Support to Work and this online community, that will advise and support you towards achieving your goals.

• James77
    @Ross_Scope It's just frustrating and at the same time it's like you think people will give ya an opportunity but they don't ain't t do with you it's just t do with who they want t employ so but I can't figure out why isn't going anyones way what are we doing wrong but we aren't 
  • Ross_Alumni
    I can understand your frustration @James77, and I really hope that you can get the support you deserve to help you find employment.

Brightness