I just want to get a paid job and a job I'm comfortable in - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I just want to get a paid job and a job I'm comfortable in

Comments

• James77
    James77 Community member Posts: 35 Listener
    @Ross_Scope I hope I'll get the support I need from scope and I hope the sort of job I want to get will help me too but I've got doubts about it i don't think I'll apply for jobs now 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    I  would encourage you to keep at it @James77. If you want to work, then I'm sure that Support to Work, and the support from the wonderful users on this community, will help you on the way to gaining employment.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • James77
    @Ross_Scope I'll keep at it but all my concern is will my advisor help me into employment but what sort of jobs can they help you into 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    They'll help you work out what kind of job would fit you best @James77 :) Try not to worry about it too much for now. These are all things you could discuss with then. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • James77
    @Tori_Scope I am gonna have a new job advisor so my aim is to get one asap I just want to work n b out working and I hope my job advisor will kinda say this job will b for you or this kind of job will be good for you etc how r u doing tday tori 
  • Tori_Scope
    Well fingers crossed you'll get the advice you need @James77 :) I'm very well, thanks for asking! 

• James77
    @Tori_Scope would you like to get t know me if you don't then that's fine sorry for asking that and also I wouldn't mind working for scope but I can't any jobs when I look on the website 
  • Tori_Scope
    Sending links to the vacancies doesn't really work well for some reason @James77, but if you visit this page, click 'find job vacancies at Scope', and then click 'search' at the bottom you can see all of the vacancies open at Scope at the moment :) 

• James77
    @Tori_Scope I have tried that it doesn't work for me 
  • Tori_Scope
    Oh, strange. I just double checked, and it's working for me if I follow those steps. I'm not able to send you a direct link to the current vacancies. Sorry about that @James77.

Would someone else be able to check to see if taking the steps I've outlined above works? If not, I'll ask some colleagues if there's another way to view the current vacancies on Monday. 

• James77
    @Tori_Scope can i ask what will happen when I get a job advisor and I've got a meeting next week and I just want to know will employers take on people with disabilities and I want to get a job around Xmas time but stay in the job for a while 
  • Tori_Scope
    I'm not 100% sure what the process is for once you've been assigned an advisor @James77, but I'm sure they'll explain to you what will happen. They're a lovely team, so try not to worry.

Employers shouldn't discriminate against disabled people for being disabled, unless they think that your impairment would prevent you from doing one of the essential parts of the job. You can read about disability discrimination at work on the Scope website.

Not all jobs advertised around Christmas time are temporary jobs, but some are. However, some temporary jobs can turn into longer-term jobs, so it's worth asking prospective employers if that would be an option. 

• James77
    @Tori_Scope before I didn't have hope we now I do because scope will me help me get into a job and plus I'll get support when I am working but if they can't help me then this might not b for me 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @James77 - please trust, as I've mentioned, that Scope's 'Support to Work' team will both help & advise you as much as possible.
    @Tori_Scope - your instructions for Scope's job vacancies worked for me, however when I copied the page info, which usually works for me, into this post, & previewed it, I just got a blank page (have tried 4x).
    Sorry to say James that today was the last day for applying for current retail jobs with Scope. Scope's 'Support to Work' team will help you with getting a job; it doesn't have to be with Scope. Next week isn't far away thinking about your meeting, & yes, certainly people with disabilities do get jobs. :)
  • James77
    @chiarieds so scope will get me a job 100 percent I am sorry for all the negative questions from me it's sometimes my thinking of applying changes from good to bad then from bad t good then if people with disabilities get jobs then I'm in the right place thank you too chiarieds n tori scope
  • chiarieds
    @James77 - all I can say is that Scope's 'Support to Work' team will help you as much as possible. Scope work with people with a disability; that is what Scope is all about, helping/advising people with disabilities. No need for any apologies, you've had a difficult time of it. Hang on until next week, & hopefully Scope's 'Support to Work' team will begin to help you too. :)
  • James77
    @chiarieds thank you so much I'll do all I can t stay positive for finding work and I've got hope that I'm gonna get through scope I'll get all the support I need and when I get a job hopefully I'll let u know but the I'll keep in contact with scope but in fact I ain't gonna give up I'm stronger than this there's a job for everyone it's just about timing cannot wait till i get a job through scope 

• James77
    @chiarieds how are you doing today can I ask what sort of jobs can people get through scope n how is eveyone today 
  • chiarieds
    Hi @James77 - I'm OK, thank you. A bit achy from doing a bit too much in the garden, altho it is a small achievement! I hope you are having a good weekend. :)
    I think that Scope will try & help you to find the sort of job you would like & feel comfortable with. When do you first speak to a member of Scope's 'Support to Work' programme?
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello there @James77 I'm good thanks, just had some soup and done a bit of a power walk on my break.  How's your Sunday going?

As @chiarieds said, the Scope team will support you in looking for a job that suits you and your interests.  It might be worth thinking about the kinds of job roles you'd enjoy for when you next speak with them :) 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness