Pip only got standard is this wrong can anyone help ???? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip only got standard is this wrong can anyone help ????

misstracey
misstracey Community member Posts: 85 Pioneering
Thanxs in advance hiya ive been reading about this  court ruling about  if someone only got standard but should of got enhanced for mental health  if planning a journey i got 10 points as cannot undertake any journey due to overwhelming distress etc but i was put on standard rate of mobility and not enhanced. Should i have got enhance but then i read if it was a tribunal they would not look at it again only if i make a change in circumstances im a bit confused my tribunal was  11/09/2019 can someone enlighten me please should i phone dwp ??

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,322 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

I thought i commented on this early this morning, i guess it didn't post.

Yes, that is correct. If you can't undertake any journey at all then this will score 10 points in Activity 1E, which scores 10 points and is standard mobility. https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/Global/Migrated_Documents/adviceguide/pip-9-table-of-activities-descriptors-and-points.pdf

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • misstracey
    @poppy123456 thankyou is Fibromyalgia a change in circumstances for pip doctor  thought it was sciatica at first today they diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia after 18month or should i wait  until nov 21 when my pip award is due again thanxs in advance as my pip is more on mental health x
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome.
    PIP isn't awarded based on any diagnosis. It's how your conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activity based on the PIP descriptors. What you should do is look at the PIP descriptors to see if it's possible to score anymore points for a higher award, if it's not then there's no point in ringing to report those changes.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • misstracey
    @poppy123456 they didnt award me no points for daily living only 2  points need prompting to be able to engage with other people even though my son helps me with everything around house etc and looks after me still gave me nothing even at tribural just 10 for planning and following  journeys and 2 for need prompting i cannot even fuction sometimes im in so much pain but got nothing for any thing what effects me physically only mentally .thanxs
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    [Please note: We've removed a number of comments on this thread as they were sadly off-topic and contained personal attacks on other members.]

Hello @misstracey. I hope Poppy has been able to help with your query regarding PIP descriptors and the court ruling. If you do still have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask and I hope the off-topic comments and negativity on your thread won't have dissuaded you too much. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • misstracey
    thankyou adrian_scope no other comments have not put me off there is always 1 what spoils it poppy123456 has been brill and has helped me so much since the start of me joining scope as so have others x
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2020
    @poppy123456 is a real gem and we are lucky to have her input on this forum. Thank you poppy for all the hard work you do.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    leeCal said:
    @poppy123456 is a real gem and we are lucky to have her input on this forum. Thank you poppy for all the hard work you do.
    Yes @poppy123456 I second @leeCal . Thank you for all your input. :)

• poppy123456
    @leeCal @Cressida thank you both for those kind words! They mean a lot!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.