Hospital staff too, don't seem to know masks are for both nostrils and mouth... - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hospital staff too, don't seem to know masks are for both nostrils and mouth...

2»

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,609 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2020
    encaser said:
    woodbine said:
     To those who want to criticise hospital staff where tbh criticism is unfair I have a piece of advice STAY AT HOME.
      should be applauded not slagged off.

It's not 'slagging them off', it's raising a very necessary concern.
    To be clear, I have not said all hospital staff are rule breakers. But this virus only needs the few to disobey, others to see health care professionals doing so, follow suit and many others can and will pay for it.

Moreover, advising people to "STAY AT HOME" is reckless and dangerous. The NHS has been struggling to get patients to attend. Both the ONS and NHS have noted that far higher than normal numbers of people have died from heart disease and other quite possibly manageable or curable conditions/illnesses. They have stated that If those people had gone to seek care/called for an ambulance, they may well have survived but, in all likelihood, stayed at home in fear of COVID infection in a hospital and died.
    Again I stick by what I said, since March I have been to the hospital and also the dentist a number of times and on each occasion everybody was following the rules, (Removed by moderator)
    Anyway i've had my say and i'm out of here !
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• encaser
    encaser Community member Posts: 400 Pioneering
    Very true @encaser, even so, within NHS buildings the enforcement  and compliance with the rules with vary, so I don't think we should generalise it, or say that most either are, or aren't, following the rules.

It will differ on a case by case basis. Should that be how it is? Of course not, if there is a rule in place then every NHS facility should enforce it as much as possible, and allow exceptions where necessary.

When I made the original post, it was partly in frustration at NHS staff, to read of other's experiences and how they felt in them at this terrible time and not to formulate one overbearing position.
    If we all had one unifying experience, it would be great (hopefully) but ultimately dull and so no need for forums!
  • newborn
    newborn Community member Posts: 832 Pioneering
    I have heard of people attending hospital for various non covid19 related matters, either as out patients or as inpatients, contracting covid19 and being seriously or fatally ill as a result.   So, I don't think it should be possible to see any person, either staff or visitor or patient, with a nose hanging out, on N.H.S premises.   If they are so called 'exempt', then they should work from home or get a different job, if they are staff, and keep away, if they are visitors,  or have special and peculiar methods designed to quarantine them from anybody else, if they are patients and can manage to convince medical authorities there is truly no form of p.p.e they can wear to stop spreading a deadly disease round a hospital.

Brightness