Video Games - Page 13 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Video Games

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm totally loving the screen reader on the new PS5. It's great that gaming is slowly but surely becoming more accessible
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    There's a few bits out on Xbox Series S/X next year that I want, such as Chorus, Everwind, Fable, Scarlet Nexus etc.

Chorus is a Space combat game, I've been a fan of that kind of thing since the Wing Commander games on the PC back in the mid 90s.

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    @MrAllen1976 did you ever play Tachyon as that’s a really good space game from about 2000 I think. I played it again quite recently.
  • [Deleted User]
    Don't think so, I'll Google it.

• Ross_Alumni
    Afternoon all

Just wondered if I could canvas your thoughts on how accessible gaming is for disabled people? It's something I'm looking at at the moment and I'm curious to hear your thoughts.

I may use your answers as part of a future piece on the community, unless you don't want me to of course, in which case feel free to let me know :) 

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • [Deleted User]
    @Ross_Scope if you ask Cher when she comes back on Thursday, she might let you read that piece I wrote on gaming last week.

• Ross_Alumni
    edited December 2020

New piece about video games

Hi all

Today I posted a piece I've been working on about the accessibility of video games, I'd love it if you could give it a read and comment, you can find it here.

• Ross_Alumni
    Hello @MrAllen1976

Hope you're well. I noticed in another thread you've been playing Cyber Punk? How have you found it so far? I saw online that apparently it's ridden with glitches

• Dragonslayer
    Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
    After waiting over a month, due to hospital, I have finally started Assassins creed Valhalla. So far so good, but there is something very different about this game to the others. The gameplay is tricky, as is the combat. The graphics as usual are stunning and with time I'm sure I will get into it.
    Anyone else ant comments? 
  • irishman
    irishman Community member Posts: 13 Connected
    I haven’t played it just yet, still addicted too rocket league played around 3000hrs. (But playing since 2015). Got the ps5 and gotta say it’s great new controller feels nice. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Gotta love Rocket League @irishman, sounds like you've played a fair bit of it! I also have a PS5, the controller does feel fantastic, have you tried any next gen games yet? 

I'm glad you're enjoying the new AC @Dragonslayer, I have bought my partner it for Christmas so I hope she likes it. How are you finding the world?

• [Deleted User]
    @Ross_Scope if you ask Cher when she comes back on Thursday, she might let you read that piece I wrote on gaming last week.

I played it briefly for an hour on Sunday night mate, so far it's decent.

• Ross_Alumni
    Not sure if anyone else has a PS5, just wanted to say how amazing the vibration feedback is from the controller. It's so much more responsive and intuitive, and no longer just feels like you have a bee in your hand. It actually compliments the gameplay

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2020
    I think that’s a funny description of the vibration ha ha

I used to think the vibration on the XBOX 360 was quite effective, not sure how that compared to the PlayStation though
  • Ross_Alumni
    edited December 2020
    I've been looking forward to sharing this with you all for a while, it would be lovely to see community members getting involved :) 

Gaming for Good co-production group

From challenging friends to a gaming tournament, to testing endurance with 24-hour gaming marathons, ‘gaming for good’ is fast becoming a popular way to fundraise and support charities.
    The Public Fundraising team are looking into new fundraising activities through gaming, this new income stream will allow Scope to reach new audiences and diversify our fundraising activity.

The group

We're forming a Gaming Co-production group to help design the fundraiser and ensure it’s genuinely accessible, inclusive, and built with disabled people from the very start.
      The group will be formed of disabled gamers and streamers, and experts in the field of accessible gaming.

Get involved

Join our Gaming for Good co-production group and help us design an epic gaming fundraiser. To find out more and register your interest, follow the link below.

Join the group

• Ross_Alumni
      Did you do much gaming over Christmas? I really re-engaged with it and found some of my love again. Me and my brother have a tradition of sorts of playing old games, or games we've not played for a while, because it's fun to go back and experience games you used to love but drifted away from.

Also got my hands on the remastered Crash Team Racing on PlayStation and that has given me a flashback to my youth, it's such a fun game.

• OverlyAnxious
      OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,585 Disability Gamechanger
      I've just started AC Valhalla which I got for xmas.  I'm not really getting into it though, unsure why.  

I just can't be bothered with the 'big boss' combat, would rather go around collecting stuff and doing errands.  
    • Ross_Alumni
      Thanks for sharing @OverlyAnxious, shame you're not getting into it. My partner got it for Christmas and she seems to feel the same way, it hasn't gripped her yet.

• Dragonslayer
      Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
      @Ross_Scope
      I have been playing AC Valhalla for a while now and it is just not the same as previous ones. I still cannot put my finger on why. Maybe after a little while longer I will, but unsure?
    • [Deleted User]
      I bought and downloaded The Falconeer on both my Xboxes this afternoon, I'll play it tomorrow morning at Home.

Brightness