My goal today - Page 32 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My goal today

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    My goal today, go to the Flat armed with Xbox games and reinstall everything, well maybe not today but some time this week.

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    What a faff @leeCal
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @leeCal so annoying especially as you have waited in for it for several days
    @Tori_Scope yes I am glad he is coming and even more pleased as I will get to meet my new great nephew at the same time. Glad I will at least be able to make the house look festive may get me into the festive spirit

I normally love Christmas but not feeling it this year with not being able to see the wider family

At least I have achieved my goal and finally completed all my pressie shopping , just the food now

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2020
    @leeCal Oh heck, how annoying!  I found a parcel dumped in our front yard with no card put through the door to let us know  :o  Let us know what you decide to do with your refund :) (Pssst treat yourself)

@janer1967 Ahhh that sounds lovely.  Enjoy those special moments and I hope it brings you some festive cheer.  I'm well jel of you having finished your prezzie shopping too!
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,365 Disability Gamechanger
    I am having my car’s windscreen replaced today as it got a stone chip so have to stay in and wait for the person to come!
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Have you ever tried those diy stone chip repair kits @66Mustang? I’ve used one and the repair is still pretty good.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• leeCal
    My goal was to turn up on time for an eight o’clock hospital appointment. Arrive no earlier than five minutes before they said, so I did and waited twelve minutes for my scan. Liver not fully functioning. I was told it looked fine ish. So it’s back to the doctor at some point. Haven’t been up at six am for a very long time ? ? 

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• 66Mustang
    @leeCal

Sorry only just saw your post.

The chip is in the area of the windscreen swept by the wipers and is in the driver’s line of sight so I decided it was best to get the windscreen replaced. It’s all done now. £50 is not too bad and I got some new Bosch wiper blades put on for no additional charge (usually they are £40) :)
  • 66Mustang
    @leeCal that’s not good to hear, hopefully the doctor can sort you out.

Did you get your delivery yet?
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2020
    @leeCal Oh heck, you've had a long day!  I hope you have a restful nights sleep and good luck at the doctors.

@66Mustang Glad you got your windscreen sorted.  That sounds like a reasonable price :)

Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    I kind of completed part of my goal today, I reinstalled WWE 2K20 on my Xbox at the Flat, but annoyingly it still doesn't work on my Series S here.

I might just bung it on eBay at some point, I don't really want to but if I can't play it...

• leeCal
    @66Mustang the delivery was a saga. The company sent it to the shipping company, apparently they damaged it and sent it back, no one told me until I phoned them seven days after ordering! Now I get a refund. Bizarre. I’d have asked the customer if they still wanted the item and re sent another but no...weird.
    I’ve bought something better now anyway. 

― Dalai Lama XIV

• leeCal
    edited December 2020
    My goal yesterday was to cancel my debut card ASAP. Unfortunately it was put in a pocket along with a mask and when the mask was put on it must have fallen out of the pocket in the street somewhere! Not so good. Quickly cancelled. Luckily it seems no one has tried using it, ie swiping. Actually that reminds me the old word for stealing was swiping, ie it was swiped (stolen) interesting. ?

― Dalai Lama XIV

• janer1967
    My goal today is to sort out all the pressies I have bought and get them into separate sacks ready for wrapping and also so I know what everyone has got so I know Ive not missed anyone. They are all currently all hidden in different places
  • 66Mustang
    edited December 2020
    @leeCal that was lucky, I dread losing mine and someone using it for contactless payments.

@janer1967 sacks of presents wow you’re generous with the presents :smiley:
  • janer1967
    @66Mustang Yes I do go a bit mad with presents all our family do but I like giving presents and the looks on peoples faces. I also have 10 people I buy for one being my son.

I do spoil him though think I try and compensate for being the only parent around, he will be lucky to even get a text from his Dad
  • 66Mustang
    @janer1967 yes that makes sense trying to compensate. My parents used to buy my brother loads of gifts because they often had to be there for me and weren’t around as much for my brother. I used to think it was unfair but I only realised in the last 10 years or so it was because, while my brother got most of their money, I got most of their time.
  • janer1967
    @66Mustang He gets all of my money and all of my time lol but wouldnt have nit any other way, He gives back  by helping me I would be lost without him I wouldnt be able to go out without him or do some of the stuff around the house
  • 66Mustang
  • 66Mustang
    My goal today was to go to the tyre shop to get my car looked at. I need a new tyre so getting one tomorrow and also have to go to hospital tomorrow so will be a busy day!

Brightness