25th Anniversary of the Disability Discrimination Act, but what still needs to be improved? - Page 5 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

25th Anniversary of the Disability Discrimination Act, but what still needs to be improved?

1235»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 144 Pioneering
    No the comment wasn't directed at you, don't worry. I know there are so many people with different disabilities.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    What gets me is that if you tick "Asperger's or other learning disability" on your application form, they routinely bin your application! I could be an asset to any company, but because I'm not neurotypical they say no.

• captainrick
    captainrick Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    It is absolutely shocking. The government would not hesitate to get rid of the DDA if it could. I am 45, my spine is around 80. I still work full time as I have got ,my own pride issues and I want to provide for my family. I use two crutches and a wheel chair and take more pills that boots have in stock, but they took my DLA away. So you ask how is the dda, the government is so corrupt that it would not surprise me if they tries to get rid of it 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 144 Pioneering
    Good luck to you all. I'm leaving as I feel I'm being sniped at by one or two members. This page needs to be renamed as disabled people who can and want to work. 
  • Penybont
    Penybont Community member Posts: 40 Connected
    They need to force employers to hire disabled people.
  • speedshrew
    speedshrew Community member Posts: 16 Courageous
    The very notion of forcing or imposing rules on companies and business owners to employ anyone, whether they be disabled or not, is ridiculous. I am a business owner myself, and I know that my fellow directors would not stay in business if they were forced to do something they couldn't do. The rights of one group of people must not supersede the rights of another group. Its called the Discrimination Act for a reason. Positive discrimination is still discrimination and is equally as wrong.

Brightness