Phone assessment gone wrong. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Phone assessment gone wrong.

katie0714
katie0714 Community member Posts: 26 Connected
I applied for PIP in August 2020 and had my phone consultation on December 2nd. It was scheduled at 11:30am but was over an hour early at 09:55am. My 10 month old should have been having a nap at the original time but instead was running around crazy which caused me to be distracted and I completely lost focus and forgot some really important details about my health issues. The girl (who was lovely) didn’t have my form with all the details of my various health problems. 

I’m so frustrated and paranoid about this as my medication and other factors are pivotal points in my application and I feel like I stuck to the mental issues rather than the physical which is so annoying. 

I really want to know what this report says, how long did your response take after assessment? Is there anyway to fix this or will I just have to appeal because there’s no way they’ll award me anything with the stupid answers I gave. 
Has anyone else forgot important details? 
Has anyone else had a ‘wreck it Ralph’ during there call?
How did this go for you?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

The time to tell them how your conditions affect you was in the form you filled in. There's not always enough of time to go through everything during the assessment.

At this stage it's impossible to speculate anything. I usually advise people to wait about a week before ringing DWP to request a copy of the report. If you put a mobile number down on the form, DWP will text you once they have the report back.

Once the decision's been made, if you're not happy you can request the Mandatory Reconsideration.
    Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • katie0714
    katie0714 Community member Posts: 26 Connected
    She didn’t even have the form that I completed so it was like starting from scratch, apparently a lot of assessments she’s done recently have been without completed forms whether they were lost or slow to be added onto the system she wasn’t sure but after 5 months I’d have thought it would have been added by now so I’m assuming it’s lost which is really frustrating as all my supporting documents where in it. 
    I’m just really stressing about it, it’s keeping me up at night. 
    I just wish there was a way to fix it before the decision was made. 
    Thanks for your response and help, it’s greatly appreciated. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    I don't beleive they have access to the form before the assessment. I realise how stressful and difficult it is not to worry about these things but speculating things isn't going to help you. You don't even know if there's anything that needs "fixing" We have a lot of members here that worry about things like this but once they decision's made they realise they really had nothing to worry about.

Hopefully you won't be waiting too long for the decision but there's no timescales.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome sorry to hear you think your assessment didnt go well, as advised you can get a copy of your report if requested this isnt the decision but will show the recommendations from the assessor and will give you more time to prepare for the MR if you dont get a favourable decision
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @katie0714 :) I hope that the above advice has helped to put your mind at ease a little. Please do keep us updated! 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.