Warm home discount not approved this year any one have an idea on how to appeal that — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Warm home discount not approved this year any one have an idea on how to appeal that

Shaunndnat
Shaunndnat Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Warm home discount not approved this year any one have an idea on how to appeal that 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2020
    Hi and welcome,

I don't think there's any way you can appeal this because unless you're in the core group it's first come, first serve.

Have they said why you've not been approved? May i ask what energy supplier you're with and what benefits exactly do you claim?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Shaunndnat
    No utilita didn't say why I was rejected and I was in the core category last year but switched energy suppliers and it was refused 
  • Shaunndnat
    Second highest rate of pip and high rate universal credit lwrca
    Housing benefit 
  • poppy123456
    When did you switch to Utillita? The qualification date for them was 5th July 2020, so if you switched after this date then this is why they've refused you. https://utilita.co.uk/help/warm-home-discount That link confirms the qualifying date was 5th July.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    Second highest rate of pip and high rate universal credit lwrca
    Housing benefit 

Are you sure you're in the core group? Or do you mean the broader group?
  • poppy123456
    You will only be in the core group if you're receiving pension credit. Otherwise it will be the broader group and it's first come, first serve.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Shaunndnat

Welcome to the community, I hope you're well.

Just to let you know, I have moved your discussion to a more appropriate category, and changed the name of the thread so that others have an idea of your question :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Shaunndnat
    When the guy came out to do the switch he said he would put me in the vulnerable person category 
  • poppy123456
    This has nothing to do with the warm home discount. The vulnerable person list means that if there's a power cut or something like this then you're priority over other people.

The warm home discount broader group is unfortunately first come first served and once all the money is gone they close the claims. Even if you're entitled it doesn't mean you'll recieve the money.

Only those in the core group are guaranteed the £140 and you need to be claiming pension credit to be in this group.
  • paulie67
    paulie67 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    i am exactly the same utilita get this whd every year i’m in broader group i applied as soon as window opened got email today to say reason for refusal dwp never sent information to say i recieve qualifying benefits i’m in support group on high rate pip as registered blind i asked to talk to someone to appeal no can do then say for me to contact dwp as it was them who sent information to which they says leave a note in journal and it will be looked into 
  • poppy123456
    paulie67 said:
    i am exactly the same utilita get this whd every year i’m in broader group i applied as soon as window opened got email today to say reason for refusal dwp never sent information to say i recieve qualifying benefits i’m in support group on high rate pip as registered blind i asked to talk to someone to appeal no can do then say for me to contact dwp as it was them who sent information to which they says leave a note in journal and it will be looked into 

This is an old thread from 2020 that you've commented on. If you're living in England or Wales the criteria for the WHD has changed this year and you no longer need to apply. If you're entitled to it you will automatically receive it.
    More details here, you will need to scroll down to "core group2" https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/environmental-and-social-schemes/warm-home-discount-whd
    If you live in Scotland then the same rules apply this year as previous years.

Brightness