What is your favourite thing about Christmas? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What is your favourite thing about Christmas?

RacheleLeahSilvera
RacheleLeahSilvera Scope Member Posts: 77 Courageous
edited December 2020 in Coffee lounge
For me it is the food
Tagged:

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    All the yummy food and drink :D 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    I always like Christmas Eve best, full of magic and promise. 

Mostly and in normal times I like the company of family of course. ? ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    The songs, and the annual repeats of TOTP with all the classics.

Spending time with Family.

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    I love good food and drink so it has to be that. :)

I do also like spending time with family but I am not fortunate like some people in that I don’t have a family without its tensions and arguments are something that I really struggle with due to my issues. That said I am fortunate to at least have some family which is something some people don’t have. 
  • encaser
    encaser Community member Posts: 400 Pioneering
    That the concept of good will still exists and is acted upon.
    Oh, and naughty quantities of food, drink and hearing that presents were appreciated.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    Giving gifts, and usually a time to spend time with family, sadly that won't be possible this year.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    The look of excitement on the kids faces , its not the same when they dont believe in Santa anymore

I like giving gifts and seeing peoples reaction, and spending time with family which is one of the few times we get together every year but of course this wont be happening this year 
  • WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Seeing the look on people's faces as they open gifts and spending time with family. Thank you.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Ahh, I agree with lots already mentioned.  Christmas Eve is my favourite day because of the air of excitement and it reminds me of being a kid again waiting for Father Christmas.  Also, the food is just lush isn't it?  Baileys, sprouts, mince pies and roast parsnips.  Then throw in smiling faces and time with the family, Christmas telly and carols and it's just magical :)

Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    Oh yeah there's some decent films on this year, on the BBC at least.

Brightness