Security question — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Security question

Melin
Melin Community member Posts: 77 Connected
I have noticed that when l have setup my universal credit account l have chosen security question for where were you born? And just noticed l have put it wrong ?and just fined out that when  need  to contact universal credit they will ask me those security questions is there a way changing my security question because it’s not my right place of birth?

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Could you not answer with the wrong place and then explain that you made a mistake?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

I think you may have to contact UC to change it can you get into your account by putting in the wrong spelling if so put a comment in your journal to ask how you can change it 
  • Melin
    That’s exactly what l am going to do but l thought they will ask my date of place on the application form instead what if l didn’t choose that security question and something else will this effect them getting my id ? 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,317 Disability Gamechanger
    As it's just a security question, it maybe easier to just remember the answer, rather than changing it. Just a thought really.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • woodbine
    @Melin you seem confused so little we can advise except to contact UC either by phone or on your journal.

• Melin
    Thankyou for all your comments l do remember the answer and l will pass the security it’s just that my concern is when they look at my identity thats not what it says on my id
  • Melin
    edited November 2020
    I have got an biographical appointment with my work coach next week hopefully l will explain myself 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes, hopefully your work coach will be able to help @Melin. Alternatively, as has been mentioned above, it might be a good idea to contact UC, pass the security question and then ask to change it and explain your reasoning.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Melin
    Hi a quick question as we have applied universal credit l have gave in sick note and told them about my disabilitys so my work coach just asked me about my sick note dates on the phone and nothing else and waiting for a health assesment appointment but yesterday l saw a message from my work coach asking me to apply for a job which is far from me l hardly can even leave my home are they allowed to do this ?
  • poppy123456
    As you haven't yet been asessed as having limited capability for work, it is at the discretion of your work coach, whether they decide to switch of work commitments. Under normal circumstances some do, some don't.

Although under the current circumstances with Covid, they have been very understanding with commitments. As you do have a health condition that prevents you working then i'd either put a message onto your journal or contact your work coach to explain your situation.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Melin
    Thankyou poppy
  • Melin
    Hi l am very sorry if l am keep bothering you all but l need help as l have spoken to my work coach and she has said because l have got sick note she will close my commitments off and l will need to wait for a form to fiil in for health assesment but l still receive job applications to apply from my work coach on my journel is this normal as on my commitment we have agreed for no work related activities 0 hours 
  • woodbine
    just reply in your journal that its been agreed no commitments for work searches.

• poppy123456
    Yes, put a note on your journal. The message on your journal about applying for a job may not have been done by your work coach.
  • MissB
    MissB Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Hi Melin
    I have been getting job offers too and I have had Fit notes declaring I am unfit for work for 9 months. I began my claim in May and waited 3 months for the UC50 form to arrive. The org. that carries out the assessments has now had my UC50 form for 5 months and I have phoned twice, once in October and again yesterday to find out when my assessment will be but they tell me there is no timeline and they will contact me when they have a date for assessment..........so my wait continues.
    I understand all the problems they may have with Covid and the thousands of new claims they must have received over the past few months but I do feel 9 months is a long time for anyone to wait for a decision.
  • poppy123456
    MissB said:
    Hi Melin
    I have been getting job offers too and I have had Fit notes declaring I am unfit for work for 9 months. I began my claim in May and waited 3 months for the UC50 form to arrive. The org. that carries out the assessments has now had my UC50 form for 5 months and I have phoned twice, once in October and again yesterday to find out when my assessment will be but they tell me there is no timeline and they will contact me when they have a date for assessment..........so my wait continues.
    I understand all the problems they may have with Covid and the thousands of new claims they must have received over the past few months but I do feel 9 months is a long time for anyone to wait for a decision.

Hi,

There's huge backlogs because all assessments were suspended for 3 months at the start of the first lockdown. Even in normal times it's not unheard of to wait this long for the work capability assessment appointment.

Face to face assessments are still suspended and telephone assessments have replaced them. As it's the work capability assessment sometimes it's not possible to get all the information needed by just a telephone assessment so if this happens you'll need to wait until face to face assessments are back up and running again. This has happened to other people too. If this happens all you can do is wait, unfortunately but hopefully this won't happen to you. Once an appointment because available they will contact you.
  • Melin
    Thankyou very much for all comments and support 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Melin said:
    Hi l am very sorry if l am keep bothering you all but l need help as l have spoken to my work coach and she has said because l have got sick note she will close my commitments off and l will need to wait for a form to fiil in for health assesment but l still receive job applications to apply from my work coach on my journel is this normal as on my commitment we have agreed for no work related activities 0 hours 
    Hi @Melin. Work Coaches often use 'send to all' type features to send out messages about work opportunities and roles that come up (to save them from sending individually to the hundreds of people on their case load). I know of people who are carers or have been awarded LCWRA but still get these messages.

Have you checked what your commitments say now she's updated them? You should be able to view them by going to the Homepage and then scrolling down a little way and selecting 'Commitments'. This will tell you whether you still have any work-search commitments on your claim. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Melin
    Hi adrian yes l did check my commitments and it says 0 hours a week looking and preparing for work 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    That’s great @Melin. It means that she has changed your commitments. You are still technically in the “all work” group so will continue to receive these messages about opportunities if she’s sending them to her list but unless it is specifically addressed to you or says it’s compulsory you should be okay to ignore it. 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.