Tell me about your pets - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tell me about your pets

2»

Comments

• kittykat55
    kittykat55 Scope Member Posts: 25 Courageous
    @kittykat55 Wow 6 cats!! What a cute set of names too.  Have they been okay with your Christmas tree?  Every morning I go downstairs mine seem to have pulled down several baubles, plus they like chasing each other around it and trying to eat the lights  :o 
    We don’t dare too have a Christmas tree lol especially as 2 of them are kittens who would just climb the tree. But as our cats are our babies we don’t mind. Having bengals is crazy but we are so lucky to have them especially as the kittens as Ziggy is a silver one and Buddy is a mink one which is quite a rare colour. They are all my little life savers. Ivan even alerts me if my blood sugar gets too low by licking my face ??
  • kittykat55
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Wow, they're stunning @kittykat55! It's amazing that Ivan can do that. I'm sure it must be extremely useful. Is that something he was trained to do? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • ketokid
    ketokid Community member Posts: 51 Connected
    Aww they are so beautiful 
  • kittykat55
    Wow, they're stunning @kittykat55! It's amazing that Ivan can do that. I'm sure it must be extremely useful. Is that something he was trained to do? 
    Thankyou, we are lucky to have them in our life, they are all brothers too. We got the older ones last year and their baby brothers this year.  Ivan was never trained to notice my sugar levels he just started to do it when he was about 6 months old. At first I didn’t realise that he was doing it until my hubby said about it, he  stopped me from having a nasty hypo a few weeks ago when my levels had dropped to about 3 . You can’t ignore a 19lb cat sat on your chest licking your nose lol, he’s my furry angel ? 
  • Tori_Scope
    That's so impressive and handy @kittykat55
    furry angel
    I love this :D 

• Seanchai
    Seanchai Community member Posts: 411 Pioneering
    hamish gets to close to the TV....but he also gets a good look
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    Seeing all these pictures of every ones pets has made me smile thank you for telling me about your pets how do I upload a pic ? I want to share pics of my dog with you all xx
  • Tori_Scope
    Hi @cupcake88 :) You can use the 'attach image' icon to select and upload an image. I've attached a photo with the icon circled below, in case that helps. Let me know if you manage with that okay, as I'm always up for seeing some dog pics! 

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    When I was a kid we had 2 Flatcoated Retrievers called Flyss and Ranger, sadly they both passed away years ago.. Then we got a Briard called Becky, she was a nutter! Oh yeah I do also remember a German Shepherd we had called Rebel, we inherited him when my Auntie's husband died as I recall. My other Auntie had a Cocker Spaniel called Bloo, the damn thing hated me because apparently I used to tread on him when I was little because I didn't know he was under foot.

• AlisonNetty
    AlisonNetty Community member Posts: 192 Pioneering
    My Polly is my little baby... she has the run of the house and the biggest share of the bed... she is 11 years old and moans at me at ever opportunity she can ...
    She's black and white. She hates having a comb and dont like it when I deflea her. She has helped me through so much. I stuffer with depression that gets the better of me sometimes.. when I'm thinking of taking my life she's always there for me.... she's  a blessing for the Lord.... 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @AlisonNetty

I'm glad you have such a lovely pet, but I'm sorry that occasionally you feel like taking your own life. I have dropped you an email from community@scope.org.uk, I would appreciate it if you could give it a read :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness