My goal today - Page 34 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My goal today

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Very sunny here too today which I would normally enjoy . But it isnt good as I had my 3rd eye injection yesterday and it is really reactive to light so the sun really isnt helping 
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Shame about the sunlight.
    Have you noticed an improvement yet @janer1967 ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• janer1967
    @leeCal after the 1st injection my sight got worse so was anxious about having anymore 

My consultant said to continue as this can happen 

2nd and 3rd no improvement but no worse consultant wants to see me and review b4 I have anymore so just waiting for appt 
  • leeCal
    Good luck with it anyway @janer1967 I hope it turns out well.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    I achieved my goal today, went to that cheap Barber's in Hillsborough for a hair cut, well they've put their price up since I last went from 4 quid to a fiver.

• janer1967
    @MrAllen1976 when you mention all these places in Sheffield makes me home sick . I was brought up there and all my family live there tried my best to get back but couldn't find any housing suitable 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    Less than a month ago I had my windscreen replaced due to a stone chip. Today I hit a grouse/pheasant type thing that decided to fly out of the verge and into my windscreen just as I was driving past. :( No visible cracks but going to keep an eye on it. I think the bird is having a worse day than me though.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @66Mustang Oh no!  I hope that didn't shake you up too much :(  Are you okay now?
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • 66Mustang
    @Cher_Scope yes I am fine now thanks :) it was a bit of a shock at the time though!!
  • leeCal
    edited December 2020
    I nearly hit a deer once at 1am in the morning, it too dived out of nowhere, ran in front of me while I was braking and then off into the dark night again, suprised us both!

― Dalai Lama XIV

• 66Mustang
    edited December 2020
    @leeCal ooh lucky miss - I've heard they can do a lot of damage to a car and they can kill you if they go through the windscreen! Lucky for the deer too, of course!
  • leeCal
    My mission today is to belatedly find a bottle of ginger wine, my favourite tipple at Christmas.

― Dalai Lama XIV

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    I used to do bottles of homemade non-alcoholic ginger wine, & jars of cranberry sauce, & sold them to raise funds for our local hospital's neonatal unit each Christmas. We used to ask our customers to donate whatever they wanted, & some people gave £5 or £10 a bottle, & that was over 30 years ago! :)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    edited December 2020
    My mission for today is to source an external hard drive for my Xbox Series S at the Flat either from Amazon or PC World or even risking eBay.

• leeCal
    Mission accomplished ? 

that was a nice nice thing to do @chiarieds!

― Dalai Lama XIV

• 66Mustang
    edited December 2020
    @chiarieds sorry I couldn’t resist doing this, I use this website when anyone mentions money and history as I like to see what things costed in the past (I am always using it when I watch an old TV program like Fawlty Towers to see if he charged a fair price for the rooms etc. :D)

This is how much giving £10 in 1990 would be giving today. Very generous :)

So equivalent of a good bottle of whisky! :smiley:
  • 66Mustang
    The link doesn’t seem to be working but the site is called “Measuring Worth”, if you search for that on Google it will come up.
  • 66Mustang
    My goal today is a fun one which is to wait until it’s dark and drive through the town to see the Christmas lights, and then drive to a neighbouring town which always has a couple of houses with very impressive lights on them to have a look at those. :)
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    That sounds lovely @66Mustang- enjoy! I remember we used to drive round the houses when I was younger to look at the houses who'd really made an effort. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • 66Mustang
    edited December 2020
    @Tori_Scope thanks  :) yes it’s great fun doing that.

Just to confirm we combined the trip with a trip to pick up a prescription so it wasn’t illegal :D

Brightness