hoping to get support and advice from others in a similar situation — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

hoping to get support and advice from others in a similar situation

Options
rainbowstar
rainbowstar Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi 
I’ve just joined and hoping to get support and advice from others in a similar situation... I’m in my 40s but have lower back and hip issues which affect my mobility and day to day life. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,298 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

Could you be a little more specific about what advice and support you would like please? I'm sure others will be happy to give advice if you give some more information.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • rainbowstar
    rainbowstar Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Thanks for your reply! I’ve got bilateral Coxa Valga and excruciating pain in my lower back., travelling across my pelvis and down through hip. Sometimes everything ‘jams’. I’m taking a lot of high dose pain medication which helps to a point but not enough to get me through the night pain free. 
    I would love to know if anyone has similar, any ideas as to what I could do to help myself or any potential treatment. Will be getting MRI at start of year. 

Hope this helps!! 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @rainbowstar

Welcome to the community, glad you've joined us. Sorry to hear you're struggling so much with your pain. 

Is your GP helping you to come up with ways to ease it? Have you discussed the possibility of a pain clinic?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • rainbowstar
    rainbowstar Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Not really - physio won’t touch me due to pain I’m in. I see a fab osteopath which helps to an extent. 

I just feel my GP continues to give me drugs (anti inflammatory/and 3 pain relievers including morphine/ as well as diazepam for any spasms.
     Going private for MRI to speed things up which is expensive but I can’t go on like this. 
    I think I’ll try to speak to someone about how to space meds out more to get more relief? 

Brightness