Struggling at work - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Struggling at work

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    It's great to read about your better news @Rechnin - & yes ammo to use next week! Please let us know how you get on, thank you. :)
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Great stuff @Rechnin- well done! I hope your 1-2-1 goes well, we look forward to hearing from you :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Rechnin
    Rechnin Community member Posts: 89 Courageous
    So, we might be getting somewhere with other things, I've just received AQ-10 Autism Spectrum Quotient form.
  • Tori_Scope
    Great stuff @Rechnin! That seems like a really positive step forward :) Have you had your 1-2-1 yet? 

• Rechnin
    Does it? My 1-2-1 isn't for a couple of weeks.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hope the 1 to 1 goes well when it comes around, I'm sure it will :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Rechnin
    Next Thursday.......
  • Ross_Alumni
    Okay, how are you feeling about it @Rechnin?

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Rechnin
    I am sure they will have a response to anything I bring up, I just want to see if I can get to work at home and what I will be doing. Last few weeks went ok, back in work, but, not things are coming back on me.
  • Ross_Alumni
    I'm glad the last few weeks have been alright @Rechnin, hopefully you will be allowed to work from home.

• Rechnin
    So... sorry for the delay in replying, been a busy week and an important one.

I had my 1-2-1 and some of it went really well. I have had some good feedback regarding what I have been doing when whilst I was back in the office, even received a couple of awards on the company's Rewards and Recognition points system for the work I've recently completed and the support offered, after I pushed for it.

On the flip side, it is still the same old place, there seems to be little interest in dealing with the issues that are plaguing the department, as long as its only people of a certain level who take any responsibility, and as soon as you make the slightest error you hear about it. Was really annoyed that I was pulled up for Lost Hours when I had already logged the reasons and they already new about Doctor's Appoints as such.

It will be the end of year performances shortly, so, we will see how that goes...

Also, I have the first stage of my Autism Assessment on the 19/11/2020...
  • Tori_Scope
    edited November 2020
    No need to apologise @Rechnin. It's good to hear from you :) 

I'm glad the 1-2-1 went well! Well done on getting some awards on the system, do you get given something in return?

It's must be frustrating that not much else has changed. Will you have an opportunity to bring this up during your end of year performance?

That's good news! How are you feeling about it? 

• Rechnin
    @Tori_Scope

Thanks.

You can exchange the points for items on a website. It can also be used towards your performance.

Sadly, I am starting to feel that this is how things are going to be at my employers, there is more interest in when  you make an error than when you do something worthwhile. I was hoping that if I pointed out the inconsistency it would be noted, but, nothing. Sadly, I will always make mistakes if people are looking for them and due to how things are set up here.

I have a lot to bring up in my end of year but I am not sure if any will be taken note of, or if it will change the outcome. We will see how things go.

I am a bit nervous about it as all depends on the outcome I guess, if I am Autistic, god, we have something to work with, if not, I am no closer to finding the reason why I am what I am.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @Rechnin Hello, it's lovely to hear from you.  I hope the rest of the year goes well at your workplace.

Let us know how your autism assessment goes too.  Try to take it one step at a time and not worry over a diagnostic outcome.  I appreciate this is easier said than done but I'm sure the medical professionals will be able to guide and support you through the process.  

I hope you have a great rest of the day and feel free to get involved in any other chats :) 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

• Rechnin
    @Cher-Scope Sorry for my not replying sooner (again).

Had my assessment, now waiting for them to speak to my mum then will see how it goes from there. As for work, still waiting to see what my end of year result is and whether I can work from home in the New Year. Otherwise, it time for me to look elsewhere.

We will have to see and, thanks for the support.
  • Rechnin
    Just a little update:

The local autism team spoke to my mum yesterday, they will collated details and get back to me, if they have enough information they will tell me the results in the New Year or conduct as face to face assessment

Also, will find out what my End of Year evaluation is on Tuesday, so, we will see. Still wont find out if I can work from home until 2021.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Thanks for the update @Rechnin

It's good to hear that you seem to be getting somewhere, hopefully the result in the new year is the one you're hoping for.

Best of luck with the end of year evaluation, let us know how you get on.

• Rechnin
    edited January 2021
    @Ross_Scope

So, i got my end of year, I got a Good for my rating and a Good for my Behaviours... and that was as good as it got as it was 'barely' in both, the main reason being i only did what my job was an nothing more.

Also, I find out the result of my autism Assessment on Monday.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Okay @Rechnin, getting a good for both of those things is a positive thing I suppose? You don't seem overly thrilled about it and I understand why, but it's a good base to build from.

Let us know how you get on with the result today.

• Rechnin
    It was the qualification 'barely' that really annoyed me as they restricted what jobs I could do after taking me off everything that I was doing well on for making some errors they then didn't give against other staff.

Also, I had my Autism assessment result today... I am Autistic but awaiting to find out what level.

Brightness