We won't be forgotten - share your experiences - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

We won't be forgotten - share your experiences

2»

Comments

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    I have lupus and becsuse you cant see it prople think your putting it on my lupus has caused me to have a stroke mini strokes and heart attack I have survived and carried on I have had lupus since I was 18 I am now 58 but over the years I have been reported for haveing nothing wrong with me when I had a mobility car people saying that that I didn't deserve a car because they were new  no action was ever taken because I had alot of medical evidence and have since been awarded pip  with no end date I stopped having a mobility car and have the money instead and brought a second hand car  and things got better but since I moved to a village things aren't as bad as they were 

I have always worked until now but always been treated badly because of my disability  as I have always found my own jobs  that aren't disability friendly so to speak I got sacked from my last job because I needed a cataract operation and they couldn't wait for me to have it done which I have had done four weeks ago  but then I got corona virus si havent worked at all this year which is why I am hopeing  scope can help me to do this 

I have a blue badge  which I use  but still get parking fines because people don't look  and then when you appeal they come up with other excuse like you didn't display your badge properly  or they didn't see it displayed snd then parking set the bailiffs on you so then your bill goes up which has happend twice to me I just paid obe bsyliff off which was over 300 pound and now I have another baykiff chasing me and have to pay 20 00 a month owing 400 because I was late paying which left me in debt  and one time I put my badge in the window and I got out my car  and the traffic warden said to me I couldn't park in a disabled spot I said I was  displaying my badge  and the traffic warden said  that I looked ok to her  and didn't look  like i had a disability I was so upset I  got back in my car and went home 

Some people can be realy cruel when they cant see your disability I still like to look nice and wear make up and not look how sometimes I feel I still like haveing a night out I still want to work  now I try and stand up for myself even if it is hard and try to help others  I am  who  I am you can either take me or leave me either way is fine by me now 

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2020
    The Festive Find present hunt

image of the Christmas present for the festive find game
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    @Ross_Scope 1st present!
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Ross scope  i didn't even grasp that about the present  finding today lol I had so much else to do only now catching up 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
  • Garza
    Garza Community member Posts: 149 Pioneering
    bit late to this party but I think as has been said before the disparity between the extra funding for UC claimants and people on " legacy" benefits seem to be a little unfair as everyones costs have no doubt increased, more heating, getting food orders from where you can etc 

I know that many charities pressured  the chancellor to do something which I commend but I dont think anything happened with it, as we are now in lockdown 3 I wonder if another effort at ministerial level will be made? 

Personally I havent faired too bad over the last year but i am sure there are many who have 

On a more general note I do wish all of the disabled charities would combine behind topics like this to create a stronger and more united voice

Brightness