repairs — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

repairs

Options
rstocker48
rstocker48 Community member Posts: 5 Connected
hi everyone,my problem is,in march or april next year,we are having walls knocked down because of damp course.we have to empty two rooms completely.this means we have to vacate our bungalow for an unknown amount of time,our housing association said they will put us in a hotel,but my disability needs will be a problem,ie wet room etc,what i would like to no,is there anywhere my wife could stay in the cheshire area,thanks

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome sorry it may not be possible for anyone to answer this as we are all from different locations 

There are plenty of hotels that cater for disabled 

Let the housing know your situation 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @rstocker48

I hope the repairs go smoothly next year.  Although I don't have any personal knowledge of hotels in Cheshire, I'd stress to your housing association what your impairment needs are and emphasise that these will need to be accommodated.  

Good luck and please let us know how you get on :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I must admit, i've never known walls to have to be knocked down to put a damp proof course in? Are you sure they need to do this? If walls need to be knocked down then there would be no need for a damp proof course.

If you have to move out of your home for this work to be done then have you searched google for hotels in your area? You're the only person that knows the area you live in so you would be the best person to search your local area. I always find google is extremely helpful.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @rstocker48 :) Have you been able to find anything online? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • rstocker48
    rstocker48 Community member Posts: 5 Connected
    Options
    hi everyone,firstly may i say a big thank you to all those who replied to my message,after taking some advice,i've been in touch with my local councillor,who is going to look into my problem on my behalf.here's hoping.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Fingers crossed they'll be able to help you out @rstocker48 :) Keep us updated!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness