Capita phone call lasted 7 minutes — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Capita phone call lasted 7 minutes

Options
Akana7777
Akana7777 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I recently applied for PIP in September. I heard nothing other than a text to say they had received my form. Then I received a call from a mobile number last Wednesday out of the blue and a man stating he was from Capita introduced himself and said he had gone over my form and also had read a report he requested from my doctor. He said I could speak to him now or wait on a letter being sent out to schedule a call to give me time to prepare and to have someone with me but he said you have already waited a long time so we can go ahead now if it suits me. I stated my partner was already with me and he said do you mind if I ask you a few things I just need clarified. I was anxious and said what if I don’t make it through the call without a panic attack and he said it will only take a few minutes because he already had enough from my form and my doctors report. He asked me just a few questions from the form and as soon as I answered he moved on to the next question. 
I guess I’m nervous now because there wasn’t an in-depth assessment and incase I now get turned down based on the assessment.
Has anyone else had an interview like this?

Just to add my claim is for mental health anxiety and post traumatic stress disorder 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

Sounds like he had no further questions to ask so that was the end of the assessment. If he had all the information he needed then it would have been pointless asking further questions. My shortest assessment has been 10 minutes, my longest has been 80 minutes.

If you live in the UK, wait a week and then ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report. Although you will still need to wait for the decision.

Other than that it's impossible to speculate anything at this point. There's no timescales for any decision.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good luck @Akana7777

Please let us know how it goes.  We have our fingers crossed for you.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Akana7777 :) How are you getting on today? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.