Upset — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Upset

Options
Ibelive2020
Ibelive2020 Community member Posts: 799 Pioneering
Hi everyone I'm thinking about leaving this forum I cant spell properly and someone clearly pointed that out on a previous post I feel like im being bullied on here I dont need this right now 

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I have no difficulty in reading your posts, & many of us make a small mistake, or typing error.....it's nothing at all. Please ignore the comment left as it was unnecessary, tho I'm sure no harm was intended.
    It's good chatting to you, Willow, & hearing about your lovely family. :)
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm really sorry to hear this @Ibelive2020 I will tag @Adrian_Scope who can reassure you and try to resolve this for you. We do not tolerate bullying here on the community. Sending big hugs ❤
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Ibelive2020
    Options
    @chiarieds it was not a typing error I clearly spelt the word wrong I'm not very good with grammar etc I did not have a good upbringing as a child but never mind I'm not a very social person i hardly leave my house etc just for school runs shopping and appointments as i suffer with social anxiety mental health issues and few other things so i thought i would join this group to make friends it's nice group made some good friends bit theres always that 1 person who has too bring me down and he has made me feel pretty **** about myself 
  • Ibelive2020
    Options
    @Ami2301 thank you very much hope your well and that you and your family had a nice christmas ?
  • Ibelive2020
    Options
    And congrats on new baby @Ami2301 hope labour was not that bad for you hun xxx
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thank you @Ibelive2020 :) it was a lovely day, full of smiles and laughter. How was your christmas?

I had a planned c-section which went smoothly, however the recovery part knocked me for six. But I'm getting there slowly, thanks for asking :)

Have you got much planned for the week ahead?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It doesn't matter one bit if you spelt one word wrong, honestly. My daughter is dyslexic, & my son & I often struggle with her texts.....sometimes have to read them 3 times to understand! Your posts are very easy to understand, & it was wrong for the person to leave the comment he did, & it's not the first time he has left a member that message.
    I'm sorry about his inappropriate comment, & how it's made you feel. I've been upset by comments against myself, but there are so many friendly people on here that I try to ignore the odd bad thing, as it's such a good community. :)
  • Ibelive2020
    Options
    @Ami2301 we had lovely christmas thanks took me a while too recover from my emergency c section in 2017 as my baby got stuck during labour plus he had stopped growing so he was born 3 weeks early he was only 5lbs 4oz at birth hes still small now bless him and I dont make plans hun lol xxx
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,597 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2020
    Options
    I have seen the post and don’t think he means anything by it.

People have said things in the past which have upset me slightly, more than likely unintentionally, but I brush it to one side and try to ignore anything that causes me an issue. Part of being on an online community is having a bit of a skin.

Apologies if this sounds harsh. However, I hope you stay, I have been on a lot of online forums and this community is much friendlier than most! We could do with a few more new faces around here! :)
  • Ibelive2020
    Options
    Thanks @chiarieds and thanks @66Mustang if he did not mean anything by it he should not of commented!! 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    I’m really sorry you’ve been upset by a comment from another member. I’m sure it wasn’t meant to cause offence (sometimes people can’t help but say something if they see an error) but equally I understand why it would upset you. 

We aim to be an inclusive community and shouldn’t judge one another based on spelling or grammar. Like @chiarieds, I find your posts easy to read and don’t have any problem with your spelling or grammar. You are very welcome here and I’ve enjoyed reading about you and your family. I hope you continue posting.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ibelive2020
    Options
    @Adrian_Scope thank you very much hope you enjoy the rest of your day 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi I didnt see the comment but sorry you have been upset 

I make mistakes all the time due to my poor vision and not checking b4 I post 

You make very articulate posts so dont take it to heart their problem if they cant get past an incorrect spelling 

You bring a lot to the community I always enjoy your posts and hearing what's been going on with you . I admire you as a person bringing all your children up and coping with theirs and your needs 
  • Ibelive2020
    Options
    @janer1967 thank you means alot I look forward to your posts and everyone elses it's nice to know I'm not the only 1 going through lifes ups and downs the way I see things is there is always someone somewhere that is going too understand me 
  • janer1967
    Options
    We understand you 

I've seen the comment now just ignore it sure not meant to upset or be personal dont think they think b4 they post at times 
  • Ibelive2020
    Options
    @janer1967 thanks are you upto much on this chilly afternoon?
  • janer1967
    Options
    @Ibelive2020 not doing much now just chilling been doing chores and stuff 

Want to try find a new course to study but dont know what I want to study next 
  • Ibelive2020
    Options
    @janer1967 I'm just reading etc for lil bit b4 I start tea my children are upstairs in there rooms playing with there new xmas toys lol and I'm sat nx to my 5 year old twin boy hes playing peppa pig on his ds and my youngest child playing on living room floor watching tv 
  • janer1967
    Options
    That's nice time together with your kids 

My son is out with his friend 
  • Ibelive2020
    Options
    @janer1967 it's too cold here too let my children out its brass lol 

Brightness