Claiming pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Claiming pip

berry123
berry123 Community member Posts: 264 Pioneering
I have sent my pip form due to my severe asthma  yesterday with docunenting evidence from my gp.  Last time I applied they not contacted my go and assessor made things up.

Comments

• berry123
    I'm a cev patient inhale to shield not been out due to covid bless my kids they doing my shopping banking 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

They very rarely contact anyone for any evidence, the onus is always on you to prove you qualify, not their's. You say you applied before, which i assume you were refused? Was there any reason why you didn't request the mandatory reconsideration (MR) then Tribunal for that decision?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • berry123
    Hi poppy

I never did MR I thought it was a waste of time rang my gp sugerybthe secretary sent all my patient summary and a letter from government stating I'm I'm clinically vulnerable.  I written a letter stating I aoplied backing 2016 finger cross hope this time I get it I.have sever asthma tachycardia palpitations and severe sinus severe allergy and arthritis all backed up with with my patient summary
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    I must admit, evidence from a GP isn't the best thing to send because it rarely states exactly how your conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors. I claim PIP myself and my GP doesn't have a clue about how my conditions affect me against the PIP descriptors.

Expect a telephone assessment as they have been replaced by face to face assessments because of Covid and most people have them. Once an appointment becomes available they will contact you.

If the worst does happen and you're refused again then i'd advise you to request the MR and then Tribunal because re-applying constantly like this isn't the answer.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • berry123
    Thanks poppy yes your right but it's been 6 years since I last applied.. This time 8 made copies of the form to

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.