Can you claim pip if you get caree allowance — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can you claim pip if you get caree allowance

berry123
berry123 Community member Posts: 264 Pioneering
Can you claim if you get carer allowance 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,319 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

I claim carers allowance for looking after my daughter and i also claim PIP for myself. Although the things i do for my daughter are not physical things so it doesn't contradict the reasons why i'm claiming PIP. Therefore the answer is it depends on your caring duties and the reasons for claiming PIP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • berry123
    berry123 Community member Posts: 264 Pioneering
    Oh thank you poppy so much  same here I dont do physical things for my father in law  . My severe asthma and tachycardia limits me doing alot of things god bless my daughter she only 18 she helps me alot and driving since 9 months

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.