HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL

Comments

• lesLY1
    lesLY1 Community member Posts: 263 Connected
    I dont know if I will be here though for long as just going on with the flow as hv another query 
  • lesLY1
    As I got my presettled application acknowledged the query is 
    I hv been here in 2020 oct 25 and went to my home place in dec 12 since had to b ter for treatment and complete my surgeries so was stranded saying tat was unable to complete my 6 months period which is considered as one year completion which I hv to for 5 years but the clauses state tat for a valid reason if out of country will b considered as a year so am considering it as a year until I complete another 4 years. But with real present acknowledgement so going with the flow or I hv to reconsider by applying presettled application from today onwards 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Ah bless that's good  you have had a busy day is it snowing where you are 
  • lesLY1
    So hope the govt considers it as one year as hv a valid reason 
  • Seanchai
    Seanchai Community member Posts: 411 Pioneering
    Happy new year to all admin., experts and members ....." Lang may yer lum reek " ?????????
  • lesLY1
  • lesLY1
    Hoping my last year is considered as a 6 month which is considered as a year to b eligible for settled or do I hv to re apply ?
  • lesLY1
    Anyone pls advice 
  • lesLY1
    Lisa am in newport no snow 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Well if you had a valid reason to be out of the country I expect that they would  accept that but  you might have to have evidence to show them  I have someone  who may be able to get the help  you need but I won't be able to speak to them  until Monday  you have to be very careful lesley  if you know who your local mp is he would also  be able to advise you  you can email your local mp  you can also speak to the ones who helped you do all your paper work when you came here

If you think you have to re apply  then speak to the people who deal with the applications  aswel  and ask them if you have  to re apply  aswel  explain the situation and see  what they say some questions I cant answer  myself but I k ow people  who can help and I will pass  the information onto you  I am goi g to speak to someone  on Monday aswel 
  • lesLY1
    This my only hope Lisa as I cant get an acknowledgement at the moment but only wen I complete 5 years here but saying tat can be here only if I get a job I know all this is so complexed but m just going with the flow and as the rules stated for eligibility  and yes  I do hv my reports of surgeries done on me in feb march dont rem the month but around tat time
  • lesLY1
    Yes Lisa regarding this it's the resolution centre but what they say is as mentioned in the eu settlement schemes the terms are clear but acknowledgement is done only at the time of applying for settled status this is what they told me as per the 1 year considered if a valid reason
  • lesLY1
    Thanks Lisa and the group as well for helping out 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    @lesLY1 To be honest, i really do think you should get some expert advice here, rather than rely on an internet forum because it's so complex. Getting some expert advice means you'll be able to tell them exactly what's going on and all of your personal details and they will be able to advise you correctly.

You can use this link and put your postcode in and it will tell you what's available local to you and then choose a topic from the other dropdown box. I know you're in Wales who are currently in a lockdown but there will be advice agencies available through telephone appointments.https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • lesLY1
    True Poppy but it's all clear really as its mentioned in the eu settlement .uk.gov
  • lesLY1
    So just going with the flow if it's meant to b. ?
  • Lisatho11987777
    Then  my advice at the moment untill I can get clarification for  you is get in touch with the people who deal with the applications tell them the situation and tell them you have evidence  of why you had to leave the country  and take it from there I think that is what you should do first 

You also need to try and find a job does your condition allow you to clean you could get a cleaning job  there are always lots of jobs going for cleaners until you find something else as long as you have something to show that you can work in this country  every one has to do that any way 

First thing Monday morning you need to phone / get in touch  with the people who do the applications thsts the advice I have just been given now he said you might be ok  but you have to check he said czn you let me know as soon S you know  and we can take it from there  he is looking to see who your local mp is  as he said Mrs can be a big help in these situations the rules have changed aswel  that's why you need to get in touchveith them  I will post on here when I know anything more ok lesley 
  • lesLY1
    Yes Lisa tats right but at the moment the people concerned which is the resolution centre say it's the decision I take but a acknoegennt about the same would b known only at the time of applying settled status after a period of 4 yrs from now as I considered one year already after looking up on the terms as mentioned as a reason of not being ter which says medical grounds n hv valid docs  to prove tat
  • Lisatho11987777
    You do need professional help as I have said I dont know the answers but I can find out for you  as you said about the resolution  center csnt they advise you  on what to do 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Then as you just said  you have checked it out  you had a valid reason  and you have the evidence so its best to get it clarified  by a ptoffrdionsl who knows about these things I only have limited knowledge on this subject as I only have helped another person once before  but a different situation  

You must be worried about the situation otherwise you wouldn't be asking  

Brightness