Having off day — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Having off day

Ibelive2020
Ibelive2020 Community member Posts: 799 Pioneering
I would just like too tell you guys that I use jokes and sarcasm too cover up the fact that I'm trying too cover up my anxiety and depression i hope that you're all ok today if anyone needs me i will be around 

Comments

• Ibelive2020
    You guys and ladies I mean 
  • Oxonlady
    Oxonlady Scope Member Posts: 566 Pioneering
    Sorry to hear you are having an off day, @Ibelive2020.

Your last comment made me laugh. It reminded of a time when a group of all female friends and I went to the theatre. We waited for the doors to open and the usher said to us "Come in, guys". "Dolls!" I pointed out!

I'm going to finish my crossword and then go to bed, I never seem to last through the day. 

You probably need to rest more, too, but I know it's difficult when you have children... 
  • Ibelive2020
    @Oxonlady rest in my house? Lol I dont know what rest is only time I get rest is when all my kids r in bed but then again I potter bout still 
  • Oxonlady
    Oxonlady Scope Member Posts: 566 Pioneering
    That's what I thought, @Ibelive2020...
    The trouble is that when you have health problems you do need to rest. Is there anyone who could look after the children for an hour while you rest? 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Ibelive2020

Are you getting any outside support with your anxiety and depression?

I can understand using humour as a bit of a defence mechanism to get through too :)  It's important you take care of yourself though.  How are you doing now?
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    I do the same - I think it is a common strategy for dealing with negative emotions or thoughts. Often people who are depressed come across as perfectly happy, even bubbly, in real life, and the people around them can be really surprised to find out they have depression.
  • Ibelive2020
    Hi everyone yes I'm doing okish and I got offered sleepers and sertrilines but refused them as I'm on 2 many meds at it is xx
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @Ibelive2020 Have you ever considered talking therapy like CBT?  Although there's normally a long waiting list, you can get referred by your GP.

How have you found Christmas and New Year? :)

Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Ibelive2020
    @Cher_Scope I been offered counselling refused some things are just meant to be kept to myself I found Christmas really good new year did not bother me tbh just another day for me 
  • Ibelive2020
    @66Mustang everyone who sees me thinks I'm happy all time deep down I'm screaming with hurt nobody sees that
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    Meh, I had counselling sessions a few years ago every week on a Thursday up at St George's Hospital, the woman retired who used to counsel me, don't get me wrong it was good to be able to go on a long rant about stuff that was, and kind of still is, going wrong in my life to someone who's not Mum or Dad, but her suggestions for "solutions" were rubbish, most week's she'd ask me "on the scale of 1 to 10 how angry are you this week?" and some weeks I'd tell her "before you even ask it's 11!", after she left a younger woman who'd just left Uni took over, she was easy enough to talk to, but again she left eventually, as most students do.

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    I belive 2020 counciling isnt for everyone I did counciling and it was good for me thats who helped me when I was addicted to pain killers and hot me into pain management  I am not allowed painkillers unless its bad and only allowed 4 a day for a week

I found pain management realy good and that's how I manage my pain now 

I dont blame you not haveing sleeping tablets  thry let me try for z week now its worse I go days without sleeping only been like this since I stopped working 

I am the same but truly today I have laughed so much because  of you and I thank you so much now I am haveing a wacky happy day instead of a wonky donkey day lol 

I know depression is hard I have what my doctor call lupus assisted depression   I am either up or down in mood  I don't have a middle bit  no I am not a manic depressive before anyone suggests it  

Do I hope you feel somewhat better soon always here for you
  • Ibelive2020
    @lisathomas50 you make me laugh too I enjoy talking too you and today I have laughed alot at your comments lol lol thankyou I'm here for you too xxx
  • Lisatho11987777
    Well you got the funky chickens to go with the wonky donkey and the wacky happy lol  cant ask for anything  more Iol  glad I made you laugh aswel we are the life and soul of the part lol yes we get down and we get up but we are here spreading wacky happy lol ? 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    Over the past (horrible) years I have had counselling (not CBT) 3 times, the first time was rubbish as I refused to open up, the second time was better but the counsellor left a lot to be desired, the third time I really did open up and the counsellor (a young lady) was exceptional and I got a lot of my issues straightened out and learnt to be more accepting of my situation.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Lisatho11987777
    I think when you have counciling you need to feel comfortable  with them and trust them I was lucky I got on with my first one  and it was realy helpful glad that it finally worked for you woodbine 
  • Ibelive2020
    @woodbine glad that it worked for you I'm trying to leave past in the past if you know what I mean I cant start a new chapter in my life if I have not finished reading the old 1
  • Lisatho11987777
    How are you this morning g x
  • Ibelive2020
    @lisathomas50 I'm ok thanks inbit hyer pmsl been up since 5am been doing housework etc while kids and hubby still in bed lol had couple cuppas r u ok? Xxx
  • Ibelive2020
    Imbit hyper I mean lol xxx

Brightness