hi everyone, im now 67 and my wife is 63 and my question is can i claim housing benefit or as my wife has not retired would i have to claim universal credit?. i recieve pip enhanced living and mobility and all my wife claims is carers alowance nothing else. any advice help would be apreciated many thanks.
- 50.4K All Categories
- 10K Start here and say hello!
- 4.3K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 137 Community updates
- 11.6K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 685 Work and employment
- 540 Education
- 1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 959 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 258 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 252 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.9K Talk about money
- 1.9K Benefits and financial support
- 4.3K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.7K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.1K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.8K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 615 Chronic pain and pain management
- 670 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 727 Autism and neurodiversity
- 875 Mental health and wellbeing
- 291 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.