Assessment - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessment

2»

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    You are welcome @Snowflake56, when it comes to meeting people virtually it can be so hard to know where to look, but hopefully the things above will provide a good starting point for you.

Yes, I'm not surprised you're tired, but fingers crossed you get a super night of sleep and wake up ready for tomorrow :) 

I see, yes the new lockdown situation is complicating a lot of things right now, it's a hard time. 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Snowflake56 - please do pop into our virtual 'Coffee lounge' where we discuss all sorts of things, & play word games. It's a great place to meet other members, & you would be so very welcome.
    I used to teach relaxation classes when I was a physio, & you might find this helpful; some members certainly have. It alleviates stress, so helps with anxiety & pain. I hope you'll try. Please see: https://www.guysandstthomas.nhs.uk/resources/patient-information/therapies/abdominal-breathing.pdf
    There are others things to try too....whatever distracts you. I have chronic pain, so try music, reading, watching films, & mindfulness. Some find yoga helpful, or taking up/resuming a hobby. We're all different, & sometimes find, as I have, that it's often a combination of things that help; it's finding out what works for you. Many of us find that being on this community really helps combat loneliness, especially because of Covid. There's nearly always someone here to chat to, & we're a friendly lot. :)

• Snowflake56
    Snowflake56 Community member Posts: 34 Pioneering
    Thankyou I will take every opportunity offered to join in, ive been very down with loneliness and virtually have no one and got very depressed, it leaves you feeling like you dont exist .
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    I'd definitely recommend visiting out coffee lounge and joining in with some of the discussions there. It's a lonely life when you live alone but there's lots of really friendly people here on the community :)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.