Hi, my name is traceyb5572! Who is making sure the assessors do their job properly? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is traceyb5572! Who is making sure the assessors do their job properly?

traceyb5572
traceyb5572 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited January 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have just had my phone interview by assessor and I have to say I am not optimistic she constantly tried to make me say things just to tick her boxes I told her I wasn’t going to lie just to do this she then said my claim would not be processed if I didn’t give an answer to her question even if I had to make a guess the problem is not everything can be pigeon holed every disability is different and unique to that  one person not impressed and it was very stressful especially after the first interview was cancelled even after they rang to tell me they were running late then an hour later cancelled who if anyone is making sure these people are doing this job correctly 

Comments

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi sorry your going through this  Holly is the advisor on this subject and she has helped many people  Holly will most likely see this later  hope things turn out OK for you
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

Sorry you feel your assessment dudnt go well however until uh het the report and decision you wont know 

The assessors are just trying to find out how you are affected day to day against the descriptors they dont have specific knowledge of medical conditions 

You can request a copy of your report approx 7 days after your assessment 

This isnt a decision but will show the assessors recommendation 

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
  • Lisatho11987777
    Oh god that suposed to say poppy sorry 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,335 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

These assessments are very stressful, that's for sure. Although you thought some of the questions were difficult, the HCP was only trying to get some more information about how your conditions affect you. Most of that information should have been put on the form as that would have been the time to tell them exactly how your conditions affect you.

It would be rather difficult to speculate anything at this point. If you live in the UK wait a week and then ring DWP for a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you, from this you'll have some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.

Once the decision's been made, if you're not happy then you can request the Mandatory Reconsideration, within 1 month of that date. If further help and advice is needed then please do post back here and someone will advise you further.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lisatho11987777
    @poppy123456 sorry I changed your name to Holly in the early hours of this morning  I didn't even notice lol 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,335 Disability Gamechanger
    @poppy123456 sorry I changed your name to Holly in the early hours of this morning  I didn't even notice lol 

No worries. I actually thought it was funny lol.  I was meant to tag you to tell you but got side tracked at home and then forgot.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome to the community @traceyb5572 :) It's great to have you on board.

I'm sorry that you didn't have the best assessment experience. I can imagine it was quite stressful, especially as they were running late. As the others have said, you can ask for a copy of your assessment report after a week, and then wait and see what the final decision is. Once you know what they've decided, you'll be able to plan your next steps. 

Please do keep us updated, and feel free to stick around on the community in the meantime. 

Just to let you know, I renamed your post slightly, and moved it into a different category.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.