How do you relax — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How do you relax

Lisatho11987777
Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
I relax by putting a bath  bomb in my bath  light my candles and turn the light out  and afterwards  I put my pjs on and have a nice hot choclate horlicks

I appreciate not everyone  can get in the bath so would like to hear how other people how they relax its not an easy thing  to do  look forward to seeing your comments 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    I read, I can get through a book in a week, I've been an avid reader now for more than 50 years.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Lisatho11987777
    I am hopring to be able to read a book again I am hopeing my glasses will allow me I had cataracts I have had one removed I can drive now but its a distant lense I use a magnifying glass hut no hood for reading a book  

Thank you for your comment 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    I listen to classic rock music, can't beat a bit of rocking out to Meat Loaf.

• Lisatho11987777
    Mr Allen I love meat loaf  my favorite album is bat out of hell  thats an amazing way to relax 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Thank you for your comment Mr Allen 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    I like

- going for a drive
    - going for a walk
    - posting on this website
    - watching videos on YouTube 
    - in the evening I like to have a wee dram and sometimes something nice to eat; I appreciate not the healthiest way to relax
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Watching comedy shows on TV & listening to music.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    A hot bubble bath is my relaxing method with music playing followed by getting into pjs a nice cup tea b4 bed and clean fresh bedding 
  • Lisatho11987777
    I love your comments i
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Great thread @lisathomas50

I relax by putting my headphones on and listening to music :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • 66Mustang
    I’m just wondering, do you prefer old comedy shows or new ones?

I used to like “current” shows like Mock the Week and Have I Got News For You but I think those shows and others peaked around 2008-2010 and now are a victim of political correctness and are so sanitised these days. I do still quite QI with Sandi Toksvig but again preferred the old ones under Stephen Fry.
  • [Deleted User]
    I prefer old school "slapstick" comedy to be honest, back in the 80's, the highlight of my Sunday nights was watching Hi De Hi! I also love Fawlty Towers, Bread, Duty Free and a lot of the older comedies, except OFAH for some reason, I just don't think Sir David Jason is all that funny.

• 66Mustang
    @MrAllen1976 I love some of those you mentioned. Have you seen a comedy called It Ain’t Half Hot Mum? I’ve been told that’s worth watching.
  • Lisatho11987777
    I justcrembetd another one on the busses I liked thst I like gavin and Stacy aswel 
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2021
    I justcrembetd another one on the busses I liked thst I like gavin and Stacy aswel 
    Oh yeah On the Buses was class, just a shame that apart from Anna "Olive" Karen, most of the original cast are no longer with us.

It's also a crying shame that most of the good comedies of the early 70's wouldn't pass censorship nowadays as some of the humour was a bit un-PC.

Particular attention to that story that came to light towards the end of last year where the BBC banned a Fawlty Towers episode about Germans, a move which even John Cleese himself said was PC gone mad, it's since been put back on streaming service Britbox.

• Lisatho11987777
    I think the world has gone mad worse things are said and done in real life  tv is just a bit of fun I used to like watching are you being served aswel and the liver birds  csnt even watch tom and Jerry as its got violence in it
  • [Deleted User]
    I think the world has gone mad worse things are said and done in real life  tv is just a bit of fun I used to like watching are you being served aswel and the liver birds  csnt even watch tom and Jerry as its got violence in it
    It's cartoon animated violence for God sake! They show a LOT worse on the Itchy and Scratchy parts of the Simpsons.

• Lisatho11987777
    @MrAllen1976 I know but the Simpson is after a certain time  tom and Jerry were for children  not being horrible but children probably see more violence out on the street 
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    66Mustang said:
    I’m just wondering, do you prefer old comedy shows or new ones?

I used to like “current” shows like Mock the Week and Have I Got News For You but I think those shows and others peaked around 2008-2010 and now are a victim of political correctness and are so sanitised these days. I do still quite QI with Sandi Toksvig but again preferred the old ones under Stephen Fry.
    Just whichever is on at the time really!  I suppose if both were on at the same time I'd probably choose the older ones, but ultimately it's just something 'gentle' where I can be fairly sure of not seeing any triggers.  I do like QI but that isn't always trigger free...with the older ones that I've seen several times I know where to switch over for a few minutes lol.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Smell triggers things for me  and things with domestic violence but I turned my triggers into positives by helping people who are in similar situations that I was in 

Brightness