My Daily Living and Mobility Paid Separate — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My Daily Living and Mobility Paid Separate

Lou67
Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,623 Disability Gamechanger
Hi can anyone advice me on this please. I was awarded Enhanced Mobility after MR, I appealed and was awarded Daily Living. 

After my back pay I was told my DL would be paid on the same day as my Mobility which was the 11th November, but it wasn’t it was paid on the 18th, today I was due again but only received Mobility is this normal I thought they would be paid together. Thanks. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

That's very odd as it should both be paid together at the same time. I've claimed both parts since 2013 and my daughter since 2017 and always receive both at the same time.

It would definitely be worth ringing DWP to ask why this is happening and the best time to ring them is as soon as they open in the morning at 9am.

Hopefully, it will be sorted once you ring them. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lou67
    Thanks so much for replying, I thought they should be paid together as it sd on my letter they were both due the 11th but wasn’t sure.

I will give them a phone on Monday morning thanks again take care.
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome. Do let us know the outcome.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Mine are both paid together as well 
  • Lou67
    Yes it’s strange, I will definitely let yous know how I get on thanks. 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Mine also paid together as a lump sum reference pip on bank statement. A call to DWP should give you an answer.
  • Lou67
     @wilko Thanks yes I’m sure it must be a mistake, I will phone them on Monday. Have a nice weekend. 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Just to add @Lou67 - I also receive PIP; standard daily living & enhanced rate for mobility, & my mobility award was increased with a MR, but I've always had just the one payment too. I'm sure it will be easily sorted.  :)
  • Lou67
    @chiarieds Thanks for your answer, yes I’m sure it’ll get sorted I will let yous know. Take care. 
  • Lou67
    Hi just an update, I phoned up this morning about this, the lady was lovely and checked things out, came back and sd it’s definitely not right. She then sd I’m due a payment off both DL and Mobility this Friday coming, but that doesn’t seem right either as I got my Mobility payment Friday past, I’m confused. I’m getting a call back to explain it as she’s not the department that sends payment. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    At least they are trying to sort it out for you 

Thanks for updating us 
  • Lou67
    Your welcome @janer1967. Yes definitely the lady was lovely, they sometimes get a bad name, but Iv always found them helpful. 
  • BrettW
    BrettW Community member Posts: 698 Pioneering
    Maybe they are giving you a part monthly payment to bring both parts back onto the same day @Lou67. I'm sure they'll explain when you get your call back

• Lou67
    Hi@BrettW Thanks for your reply. Yes I’m sure that’s probably the case. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for the update @Lou67 :) Fingers crossed it'll be more clear once they've called back.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • poppy123456
    Thanks for the update. Hopefully by now they've rang you back, although this can take up to 48 hours.
  • Lou67
    @Tori_Scope@poppy123456 Thanks Iv not had a call yet but she did say it could be tomorrow morning.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.