How is home-schooling going for you and your family? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How is home-schooling going for you and your family?

Cher_Alumni
Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
edited January 2021 in Education
Although I'm not a parent or care-giver, I know from my friends that home-schooling isn't easy.  From getting children to concentrate, not get distracted by games and engage with the teacher and work - it's hard.  

Scope have produced a 'Homeschooling during lockdown' advice page that offers ample resources and tips to help if you are struggling.  But in this thread, I wanted to make space to ask you all:

How are you finding home-schooling?  And what, if anything, is helping you get through?

Please use this thread as a spot to vent, ask questions and seek support.  There is no judgement from anyone  :)
Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    This time around is big improvement as school is doing live online classes si he has to log in to each lesson at given time following his normal timetable. 

They monitor who is logged in and who is participating using the chat box and doing the online work 

Last lockdown he just had slides to read and they took him about an hour to complete a days work there was no feedback or monitoring so many didnt do it 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    That sounds good @janer1967 :) I know it has been difficult for teachers to have to continue changing their plans so quickly, but it sounds as though they've been able to put something a little better in place this time around. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness