PIP Renewal Questions — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Renewal Questions

un815
un815 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hello all

My first award is due to end on 28th Feb and I just have a few questions about the renewal process if anyone can help?

1. They sent me an entirely new claim form to complete. Was this correct? I've read that the renewal forms should be different? I completed and sent the new claim form today. 
2. They contacted me initially to renew at the end of November - 3 months before the end of my claim. I've read a few posts on here saying that you should be able to apply for renewal 6 months in advance of award end?
3. The reason for the previous question is because it took 11 months total from initial application to tribunal award. It looks almost certain that my renewal application won't be completed before 28th Feb, so what happens? Do I once again have to wait for the whole process to conclude with no payments - before receiving backdated payments if successful? If so, shouldn't I have been given at least 6 months to avoid a long gap in payments?

Many thanks in advance! 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hu and welcome 

Normally review forms are sent out 6 months b4 end award if awarded by DWP and not at tribunal

As yours was a tribunal they are sent out 14 weeks before and it is done as a new claim hence the forms you have recieved 

If you haven't had an assessment and decision by time your current award ends then yields payments will stop and as you said will be back paid if your claim is successful 
  • un815
    un815 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Thanks so much for your prompt and informative reply, that clears everything up for me! All the best :) 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Your welcome let us know how you get on 
  • Lulu_1949
    Lulu_1949 Community member Posts: 236 Pioneering
    @un815, hi just want to say thanks for asking that question, I found it really helpful. Keep safe , good luck 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    @un815 if you returned the renewal pack before Christmas then it's perfectly possible that it will be done before the end of Feb which is still 7 weeks away, unless of course you have to go to the tribunal again, assessments are still being done by phone. As others have said because your award was by tribunal you only get renewal 14 weeks before the award ends not 6 months.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.