How do you get a bus pass? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How do you get a bus pass?

Tonyf
Tonyf Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Why cant the council bus pass people talk to the council disability people and just give my son his bus pass? If they are owed money their happy to talk to each other. 
Tagged:

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Tonyf    Pleased to meet you.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of Community Champions.  We guide, advise, support and help members of our Community.

Sorry to hear this, is there a problem.?  How can we help as a Community.

You could speak to your local Councillor or member of the authority just make an appointment.

All Council services have a duty of care and concern for the public.

I would contact them.

Or if your son has a health worker, support or social worker should be helping you.

Please if I can help further please contact the Community.

Please take care.

@thespiceman  
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Tonyf and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you.  I'm sorry to hear if there is a problem for your son caused by the bus company.  Maybe follow the advice given above by @thespiceman as it sounds really helpful, but if we can be of any more help/support to you and your son then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,345 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

I'm also one of the community champions here on scope.

I totally understand just how frustrating it is when claiming for something but unfortunately, as always they don't contact any benefit department to check eligibility. It's your responsibility to send the supporting evidence with the claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • icarus
    icarus Community member Posts: 31 Courageous
    the local council are incredibly helpful cheerful and lovely people when you go to see them or speak on the phone for blue badge and bus pass enquiries . unlike the horrible b*********s in the enviromental health department who do not like my lifestyle and scream things such as asbo   untidy land noisy cockerels etc at me periodically!
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Welcome @Tonyf. I completely understand how frustrating this can be. How long have you been waiting?

@icarus: Your experience with Environmental Health sounds horrible. Have you made a complaint about their behaviour?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    We have lived in 2 areas since I got a bus pass for my epilepsy, the first gave me free off peak rail travel in a wide area, plus free bus travel. The second only gives me free off peak bus travel.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    edited January 2021
    I've had a Bus pass for years, because I am deaf and have Asperger's, my Parents applied on my behalf and I got it, I didn't have to talk to the Clowns in the Council or anything.

Also my free National Buss pass entitles me to free Bus and Rail travel within South Yorkshire, and I can travel up to Leeds for free on any Train company except Northern Trains, it'll come in handy that if Leeds Comic Con's on in June.

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Glad you got yours without a hitch @MrAllen1976 :) 

Getting mine was fairly simpletoo. In my district when you register your sight loss you receive an information pack, in which is normally a leaflet about travel pass eligibility along with an application form.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @Ross_Scope if only the team got in touch my consultant sent my sight loss registration off months ago still not had any contact 

I know covid will be the reason good job I'm managing to struggle on 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    It can take quite a while unfortunately @janer1967, which is always a shame, it's true that the pandemic won't be helping push it along. Fingers crossed it arrives soon :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness